Is there any pain/suffering with Cardiac Arrest?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Shogun, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

This may seem like a stupid question, but I need to know.

My mum died of it late last night.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am so sorry about your loss and I am sure she is in peace right now and went peacefully...most times, a massive heart attack is an immediate end...J
  3. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Thank you. I appreciate it.
  4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

It depends on the cause. Cardiac arrest means the heart has stopped, which is the definition of death in many places. Many different causes are associated with it, from a heart attack to decapitation to asphyxiation.
  5. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

I have done some research, and from what I can gather, it might have hurt a little before she went into Cardiac Arrest, but only like indigestion. When someone goes into Cardiac Arrest they are unconscious, so they will feel no pain, and die instantaneously. I hope this helps you feel a bit better. (Don't forget that many people confuse Cardiac Arrest with a heart attack, which does hurt, but it a completely different thing.)

Take care of yourself, make sure you get enough sleep and eat properly. Wishing you lots of love and comfort at this terrible time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.