Is there any point to life?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Emptysoul, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emptysoul

Emptysoul Well-Known Member

I dont know why im still here, theres nothig to live for anymore. I just can't seem to get out of this downward cycle of depression. Took an overdose the other night but it didnt work, not enough pills lol. well prob get some more to take a larger dose next time or drink more alcohol with them, mabie that'll work if I dont kill my kidneys first.
    I know i need help but dont know who to talk to and everytime i leave the house i get scared, i dont think i can trust myself anymore to keep myself safe
  2. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Try to find a mental health drop in center. The code name for mental health these days is mental health consumer, not mental patient. If you can't find one, look up a psychiatric hospital.

Once I went to the emergency room of a regular hospital, but the service was slow, and suicide was not on their priority list. That's why I recommend a psychiatric hospital.
  3. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

you are still thinking that you need help, and you are still afraid about your life. It means there is still hope for you, dont let it go before you try to do something for yourself.
  4. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

Depends on the person what keeps them here,

Me its other people mainly and the thought it could always get better, no idea how long these things will keep me here.

Remember its always worth trying to get help! Talk to doctors, psychs, just try it once.

For me the thing that helps my mood is exercise, the days i do it i dont feel suicidal or get drunk... but its a cycle, I dont feel like exercising because im suicidal... but if i did exercise i wouldnt feel this way!
  5. Emptysoul

Emptysoul Well-Known Member

to see a pych i have to see my doc first and they never want to know and if i took a overdose ad went to hospital they just wait for the pills to ware off then send you home. they dont seem to care around here. If i tried to jump off a carpark roof they might take notice then, the police deff would eve if no-one elce did :sad:
    Mabie i should just jump off a carpark roof if i survive i'll get help ad if i die it wont matter as i wont know about it
  6. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

no you need to take steps,

I dont know what its like there but here there are people we can talk to without doctors, just normal people who are there to talk to...

another thing to try is exercise, and I know how hard that is as alot of weeks i dont even manage to go once! But the times I do go I feel great!

you have to go through steps, you have to try it at least once, if a doctor insists on drugs before talking to someone then you need a new doctor!
  7. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

You said you need help. Dont jump, dont try to overdose, dont try to kill yourself. Try fo find help. Ask for help. Show them you are serious. At first someone might think you are seeking an attention, but someone will help you. Dont waste the chance if you think you can be saved.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.