Is there anybody I can talk to

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by 737flyer, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 737flyer

737flyer New Member

Is there anybody here who can talk to me? The one person I could always talk to is no longer here. I don't want to talk to a councillor, I need to talk to somebody who is going what I am going through. Not on here, not over the phone, I need to see somebody to talk with face to face who knows the emotional state I am in. Nobody else would ever understand. I live in Northampton.

Thanks, what strength I have left goes out to all,

2. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Well, I guess the problem is, Jack, is that people aren't going to know what they're seeing you for, if you don't tell us on here in the first place...

If you can, tell us what's up :)
  4. Falcon0006

Falcon0006 Well-Known Member

Ye practically everyone on this forum will talk to you about anything you want them to. We're all willing to help!!! And if you really need to talk to someone in real life, is there not any certain family members you could open up to??
  5. 737flyer

737flyer New Member

Oh I have no problem with opening up, but as somebody has mentioned in another post it's always the same c**p regarding 'getting stuck into your work', 'find ways of overcoming this' etc etc which is all very well for somebody who's broken a finger but for somebody like myself and I am sure 90% of others here who are so engulfed within their own turmoil that any positive suggestions just float straight over because you are so fixated on what you have lost; in my case, my darling fiancee of four years, without whom I no longer wish to live my life. The fact that I am here shows that I am considering suicide, and it is very easy for people to point out that these things happen and that I will move on, whether that be in a week, a month or ten years. But the problem is no, I will not move on and I cannot move on, having our connection severed is like blowing the live wire in my life. I have a brilliant job that I have not been to for two weeks over this, and I have never missed a day's work before. I don't know whether I am falling into the arms of depression, but in a way that is a comforting thought because at least in that state of mind it will be easier to finish this s**t that is my life.
    I am not and have never been a drama queen, never one to exacerbate my feelings beyond what is justifiable, but this is something else. I will not talk to my family or anybody else who is going to offer me the same b******s regards finding ways to let this go, because that is something that I physically and psychologically cannot do.

I am here in the hope of finding somebody who feels stuck in the same rut as I am and meeting up with this person, quite honestly to see if a) It's possible somebody else out there may be feeling quite like I am and b) The only trace of comfort I can identify now would be for somebody to understand me. Unfortunately my family and friends are very 'get up and go' and not much for sensitive listening.

All the best and appreciate the replies, I am reading but possibly shan't reply again until later on tonight as I am heading out for a bit.

Happy days, Jack
  6. 737flyer

737flyer New Member

Alternatively, I have a mobile I can be reached on all day, < Mod edit Hazel >

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2008
  7. SadDude1980

SadDude1980 Well-Known Member

Hey, Jack.

I understand what you're going through. My wife that I've been married to for 7 years... well I don't want to go into the details again, but I understand the feeling of having the one you relied on the most and poured your soul into not be there anymore. It leaves you feeling like you've lost half of yourself. It's like you're this person who's been slashed right down the middle and now you're just laying there bleeding to death.

My wife was my main confidante, my friend, my partner... but lately :(

Anyways, I understand and just wanna let you know if you ever wanna talk, I'm always on MSN under

Putting all your trust and feelings into one person is like putting all your eggs in one basket. That's what I've recently and painfully discovered. I missed work too and got severely smashed with alcohol at the beginning. Hearing the "hang in there, move on" phrases countless times does get old fast and just seems to worsen how you feel I've noticed. But yeah, if you need to talk I'll be around.
  8. Falcon0006

Falcon0006 Well-Known Member

Well then in all honestly I feel the same as you do, but for different reasons, like I get told I need to do a report, or course and i want to do it but I cant physically do it, my mind is telling me no and reminding me of the bad things. People tell me its easy you know you can do it, but I just cant. My memory slips, my mind slips, everything just goes into a state where it can't cope with anything.

heck I hate all this patronising stuff as much as the next guy, I hate the feeling when you feel small and stupid, but its not actually your fault, somethings just not clicking as a result of something else.
    It's like having a fucked up leg and someone's forcing you to race a race, well although I'd like to I can't I just cant physically do it, it dosent make me a bad runner, Im just incapacitated for some reason.

I don't think talking is really what you desperately want the most, I think its recovering from the hurt is what you want the most. possibly it can be found through talking out your problems, but do you know? and I don't know if therapy a considerable option to you, or are you already going through therapy? I mean I don't want to sound like the self-absorbed guy who's involving his problems with your situation, because I don't know the hurt you've been through, but.. I don't know the way you've reacted and are acting as a result of your problems is simillar to me..
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.