is there anybody with DID that would spk to me?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lost_child, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

sorry to ask. and its ok if not.
  2. Belladonna

Belladonna Well-Known Member

3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I don't have DID but I do struggle a lot with dissociation and have what appears to be someone else in my head that causes me to dissociate.

Are you ok? Would it help to post here about whatever is going on?

My PM box is open if you want to chat.
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I don't have DID, but since two of my close friends have it, I've learned a lot about it. So if I can help in any way, feel free to drop me a PM.
  5. FireBird

FireBird Well-Known Member

I have DID, what do you want to talk about? At its peak several years ago, I had 10 distinct personalities. Now only 1-2 come out. I also have some of the other "dissociative" symptoms from severe stress. Sometimes its embarrassing (I just know it is because my mom tells me that I switched) in public because I can't control my alters. The littles are the ones that come out, thats why its so embarrassing. Acting like a 5 year old. I don't know who I am half the time or how I got there. I lose time, sometimes for hours at a time. At first I thought it was just old age (I'm 26.....very ancient). My memory is horrible, I can't even remember my childhood (maybe just small pieces of it, like thinking the Atari computer had good graphics....old age again!) but I had some bad trauma back then. Very painful, and the abuser's "punishment" was even more pathetic. So, if there's ANYTHING you want to talk about, i'll be happy to talk with you. I have also been diagnosed with autism and so called "schizoaffective" disorder (I don't agree with the schizo diagnosis because I am not psychotic!)
  6. lost_child

Would it be ok to tal to you on PM as I dont' feel comfortable saying it here. i'm sorry if that just makes me sound mroe like a freak, I just can't deal with it as it is. sorry
  7. FireBird

FireBird Well-Known Member

Of course.
  8. lost_child

than,k you, nmaybe not 2nite cause i'm dirnking and not feeling asth good. bt if i still around tomorrow. will it b o/'k. thahtt uou
  9. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

in my psychology class we just watched sybil. it's a true story of a girl with 16 different personalities. people were laughing about it and i freaked out. i don't have did but i have schizophrenia and i said what if you or your mom had it. you wouldn't be laughing then. i get so pissed in that class. no one has any shit like that and i do and i get upset when people make fun of it.
  10. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

I have 13 different pieces inside but we are all co-conscious most of the time now. Only under EXTREME stress does something wierd happen anymore.

Like when "I" got angry and came out of not knowing where I was...Called my therapist and realized I had only gotten lost so to say for about 45 minutes...
    Or sometimes part of me writes a check and doesn't record it and I'm left trying to balance the checkbook. Mommy has to write notes to the Organizer if there is something to schedule for my children that interferes with work...Writing in a journal and writing in a planner are the most useful tools!

Doesn't make me a freak - I've come to realize it is a creative, intelligent response to extreme, ongoing pain and abuse in the early childhood years. A way of escaping and forgetting what the young mind is incapable of handling at the time. Rather than being crazy - it is the only way we were able to keep from going insane - the gift of isolating the pain into one or more pieces of who we are so that we, or actually I, can keep functioning.

Now the trick is to put the pieces of the shattered soul back together - that is hard work but worth it! Like putting together a complicated puzzle. All the best - it is a WILD ride. Painful and worth the pain. You can send me messages if you think I can help. I don't check the computer so often so don't get worried if I don't respond immediately. Take care of yourselves :wink:
  11. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

Hey thx a lot for this thread, I just found out that I have DID. My therapist never gave me names for mental problems but now I have a name :D
  12. jlc20m

jlc20m Well-Known Member

I can talk to you if you wish. I'm DID, Complex PTSD and Major Depressive Disorder. The depression is a result of living with the first two problems. I'm in therapy because I can't deal with this alone. No one can, rally. Write me if you wish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.