Is there anyone here....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Marissa, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marissa

Marissa Well-Known Member

Who wants to commit suicide because of guilt from something they did?

2. seithkein

seithkein Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. 90% of the reason why i want to suicide is because of guilt, things i did a long time ago.

3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Hi Marissa.

Guilt plays a big part in my suicidal urges. Of course, most anything I think of is twisted into a reason for ending my life. :sad: Whatever happened, there's always a better way of resolving the guilt. You owe it to yourself to resolve it in a better way.

Everybody makes mistakes. Some people make bigger mistakes than others, but everybody deserves to live. I'm so glad you found this site, Marissa. Welcome to SF.

Please don't do anything too rash. Not yet, when we've just had the pleasure of meeting.

j.

4. Marissa

Marissa Well-Known Member

Thanks for the welcome

I won't reveal what I did, but I just know that if the person I did it to found out, they'd never want to be around me again. And I love that person so much..... But I can't take back what I did, so it just feels like I don't deserve to live.

But then, when I want to end it, I start thinking about all the things I still have to do and the places I still want to go..... So I decide to stay, but then later, I remember what I did, and the cycle continues. It's so frustrating.....

5. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF, Marissa! :hug:

I feel guilty of a lot of things do. Guilt is an effect of depression, are you on medication for it? If you feel guilty of something, just take 10 deep breaths, in through your nose, out through your mouth (credit: Joseph), it'll help you relax a bit.

If you want, you can private message me about what you did. If you want, I can tell you a bit about me at first, it'll help. Everything on here is 100% confidential, there's a really slim chance that the person would find out hun :hug:

Please know that we're here to help you and to try giving you tips on how to deal with your guilt. Coming here was a big step to getting the guilt to go away :hug:

See you around :wave:
    Taylor

6. Troubled2008

Troubled2008 Well-Known Member

Probably about 10 million people. Learn this and you won't care: The past is gone. Can't be changed. So who cares. Gotta be happy living in the present.

:biggrin:

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I know it's very easy to be burdened by guilt and regret, however I think there are some positive points that can be made:

1) You're basically a good person, because bad people wouldn't give a damn about what they'd done.

2) If you make mistakes and learn from them, it shows that you're growing as a person. It's good to look back and think "I'm not the person that I used to be, I've come on a long way since then"

Do the things you want to do, visit the places you want to visit, but more importantly, become the person you want to be. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.