Is there anything that cures anxiety..thats not a prescription med?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Petal, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

My doctor is refusing to prescribe me anti anxiety pills. Are there any alternatives, or even mixtures of anything that will do the same thing. I'm at my wits end!!

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Not even medication has ever cured my anxiety. Only lessened it.
    The only thing that has ever stopped my anxiety is discovering the source and working from there.
    :hug:

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thanks hun :arms:

4. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

how bout a new doctor?

5. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I have been taking Valerian and L-theanine (along with regular green tea drinking). They do work but they are what I would call gentle and subtle. Don't expect miracles but the best thing about L-theanine (in particular) is that it's supposedly about as safe as it gets.

I've always been a pretty anxious person so I can tell you that these things do work.

6. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Some say that phenibut works for them but you have to be careful not to build up a tolerance for it. I've been trying Relora but I cant say if it works or not. I still get anxious but not as much and I'm unsure if it's due to meds, my change in situation or a subtle change in thought patterns.

As fromthatshow said, there isn't a medical cure but you can find something to help.

7. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

TBH I dont think there is :(

I have been off mine for 3 years and still dont really leave house.

However if you have not been blacklisted then you should be able to find a Doc pretty easily.