Is there anything to look forward to?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Nolanna, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nolanna

Nolanna New Member

I feel there is nothing to look forward to. I am unemployed for almost a year now, I haven't had a boyfriend for 7 years and now I've been rejected by a university which would have been a great thing.
    I don't know what to do, nothing seems to work out. I feel that everything I start will only end in failure and I don't see the reason to live for.
    I have a loving family, but I feel that no one loves me and I hate myself for this and that time after time I just want to leave everything and die, however I'm too afraid to kill myself, but I feel that would be the best thing to do for everyone, so no one has to listen to my yammering.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun is there anyway you can take a college course something in the same field of interest until you do get into university It look good on your transcript if you do have some college courses and it will keep your mind busy hun hugs
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi NolAnna. thats a lot of pain. I am sorry. But you are sure not alone in that pain when you are here.

Often times when people are feeling depressed ( through no fault of their own) they feel unloved. Even when they are loved. I wanted to ask you if you have ever been checked out by someone to see if you have depression. And if you do, maybe there are some pills that can be prescribed to help with that. The most important thing is that you do not want to cause your family endless sorrow by suiciding. And also you do not want to live in this much pain. It is very hard to turn things around if someone is depressed. So maybe the first step is to see if this is part of whats goiong on. And if it is, to maybe see about getting some medicial support. And maybe some therapy. Sometimes that really can help a lot. Do either of these things sound possible?

I also want to let you know that this is a very good community. And I am glad you joined it. I hope you will make this a new part of your support network
  4. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Often you are feeling depressed low and overwhelmed things can look harder for you, can look into other local courses you can in the mean time to keep yourself occupied and give you something to look forward to.
    have you got medical help for your depression? speak to your mental health and see what they say
    if you feel like your in danger to yourself then please go to your local emergency department and get assistance
  5. Nolanna

Nolanna New Member

Thank you for all your support, it means a lot to me!!!!!

I've been diagnosed with bipolar depression a few years ago, but the pills didn't really help me and I got addicted to them so I decided it's better not to take them any more mainly because when I was a teenager I used to take tranquillizers and it took a lot of time to quit them.
    However I was stable until last summer when I graduated, but since then I'm unable to find a job, even though I'm seeking every day and I have more than two years experience.

All in all I took your advices and I found another course which I'm going to try and I hope this time I'll get enrolled.
    I'm really really grateful for your help! Thank you!
  6. skinnylove911

Im glad your doing another course to keep yourself busy it will hekp you with self confidence and give you something else to focus your mind on
  7. josielovely

josielovely Member

Hang in there...we all are hanging on
  8. skinnylove911

Just keep hanging on and you will get there stay strong x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.