Is there anywhere better to get life help or meet people online than SF?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Digital Angel, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital Angel

Digital Angel Well-Known Member

Using this seems pretty pointless considering no one gives useful advice and it's like 1 in a million to find someone worth talking to (no offense to anyone).

I don't really feel like wallowing in pity or any of that shit. Things aren't going good and I don't really know what to do and I need some place to go.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2010
  2. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

useful *

I'm not really sure, any other general forums could work I guess. Try doing a google search? Sorry to hear you want to find somewhere else. I wish you luck on your search. :smile:

I like your username, btw.
  3. Digital Angel

This place is decent for letting things out and I have met two wonderful friends on here (one that I met in person) but things kind of dissipated with both of them, hard to keep long distance friendships alive for over a year it seems.

Yeah, I'll just google it I guess although it's going to be a pain to try everything out. =/
  4. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you there, long distance friendships are difficult to maintain. Luckily for me I've managed to keep two of mine alive and kicking for a real long time. Maybe you should try getting back in contact with those two friends, if you haven't already.

Yep, sure will. But it'll be an experience and you'll (hopefully) meet loads of awesome people along the way. =D
  5. ghazi

ghazi Well-Known Member

1 in a million...have you talked to a million yet? Keep searching if you must, but i encourage you to continue talking here, so you have some place to fall back on. We will listen always. we will try to help always.
  6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Unfortunately you arent going to find what you need anywhere on the internet. You need to talk to someone in RL. Face to face. I think what you are looking for if this site isnt really helping is the contact of another "real" person, the interaction. It might not be what you want, to actually talk to someone about all this, but I think you might be at a point where it is really what is going to help you now.

Yes SF is a great place to vent, talk about things that you couldnt with RL friends and family. But you also need someone that you can talk to that is there in real, at real time and can give you real replies. Unfortunately for as great a site this is you can not always answer others like you should or would like to. It would involve conversations that would realistically touch on taboo subjects around here. But when a person is truly suicidal then realistically the topic of methods will come up. And they need to be discussed just as the pain and problems do. If a person is to get "better" all topics need to be address. You cant just shove some of them under the carpet. How do you disspell someone about a method if you cant talk about it? It seems you are probably at a point that just expressing your feelings isnt helping anymore. Time to look for a really good doc, therapist, counselor or clergy that you can get the feed back you need.

I hope that you can find the real life help you need and that you can still come here for other support too. :arms:
  7. ghazi

ghazi Well-Known Member

Totally agree 100%. NOTHING can fully emulate the experience of human contact.
  8. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you feel like that.The fact i recognise the names on here, is 'useful' ,you are all part of my family. I feel like that at times too, but this is the only 'support' i have, and i never cease to be 'impressed' by the wisdom and depth of most of the replies given on here. The maturity, wisdom and soul, from the majority of the really young people on here, amazes me, and if i make one or two friends, i would be honoured to be their 'friend'.

When there is no one to talk to, have you considered writing a diary on here?

Sometomes, reading other people's posts is the only thing that keeps me going, and maybe otheres would say that too. I'm here now, when i should be on the way to work, because its the only thing keeping me going.

love yorkie xx
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2010
  9. Digital Angel

Yeah, I think I do need real people although that isn't really an option. It seems the only way I can hang out with anyone is to play video games which is about the last thing I want to do anymore. =/

The only reason I still play by myself is because I literally have nothing I want to do otherwise. I would love to go bowling or actually go out and do stuff. I wish I had a girlfriend too but ever since I screwed up my limitless opportunities in the past it doesn't seem like any come around anymore. :(
  10. bringer of light

bringer of light Well-Known Member

Playing by yourself temp raises Testosterone levels, but the high only lasts for a few seconds.
  11. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

BoL, that was entirely inappropriate.
  12. TerrapinStation

TerrapinStation Well-Known Member

find something you're interested, let's say you're into acoustic blues guitar.
    Google/Bing "Acoustic blues guitar forum/forums"
    Repeat with other interests.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.