is there help?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pegasusmyth, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegasusmyth

pegasusmyth Active Member

I have great difficulty in communicating with people,in interacting.This morning I counted how many people I actually have interacted with in my 38 years,it's been only 18; 9could be called friends,9 were authority figures of which one was my brother. Of the 9 authority figures 6 were doctors.My father and 2 doctors were the only 3 that never harmed me and I haven't had a friend in at least the last 13 years. The only person I have seen is my roommate.People come over to see him on occasion and I am present but not there so to speak. No one has ever been as kind to me as my roommate,but he is also like Dr.Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. His comfort zone is anger. He has followed me into the room in emergancy to be sure I say nothing,ditto with the dentist.He says he wants me to see a Dr. then later has every reason why it can't be.When I said I thought I needed to go back into therapy he said he would gladly tie me up and drop me at my mothers so that she and her Dr's could mind f. me some more and he'd also make sure my life would always be more horrid than it was before he rescued me.He is 21 years older,inclined to enforce his will,he doesn't hit but pressure points and choking and constant verbal threats have me fried. I am Phobic with the phone with people I have no one no family no friends no money no drivers license no way out.Death seems to be the only option I have to save what is left of my spirit. On April24 I put the radio in my bath,it didn't work. I'm going to try something else after my roommate goes to work next week.He rarely is gone.He's gone now to the store,but will be back soon so I have to go.I would like to live if I could live without fear,pain,anxiety.But 38 years of abuse makes me believe there is no help.Who can help when I can neither reach out nor know if I can let anyone in. Death is at least an option I can take.Thanks for allowing me a space to say goodbye.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Sounds like you need to get away from that roommate. he is not making things better for you at all.I know how hard that can be when you view them as your only bit of stability, but you do not deserve to be treated that way. If you think you need to get back in to therapy then that is what you need to do. Do not let him intimidate you against finding help. You are letting him feel all powerful over you. Things will not get better there, only worse.They can get better if you can break free. Where is your dad at this point. You mentioned he was nice to you. Take things one small step at a time. They may be out of your comfort zone but you can do it in ssmall steps. i wish you luck. Keep posting and let us know how things are going. Take care. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.