is there hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got out of psych hospital last week. Spent two weeks there. still having the suicidal thoughts and self harm urges. I'm at work right now and trying to stay busy---just need to chat if anyone's available. Appointment with therapist in the morning. unsure if I want to tell her how I am really feeling. don't want to disappoint her. Scared things won't get better for me. meds are being adjusted since hospital stay. feel like I have no one that I can really talk to. so many people are so judgemental that it makes things worse trying to sort things out.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Good Morning Katie,
I am sorry you feel the way you do!! I would say yes to your question about your therapist. You need to tell them the truth. They can't adjust your meds accordingly if you don't work with them.
Yes there is hope and your therapist can help you find your way.She can teach you how to come to terms with your thoughts. I am suicidal, and I probably will be until I die. The stuff I have been learning from my therapist has been extremely helpfull. It sounds to me that you got out of the hospital too soon. They normally keep you until they have a handle on your meds.
I am glad to see you are working in spight of your illness. That might be the therapy you need. It gets you out of the house, helps you to open up and talk to others. It also helps give you some of your dignity back. You can PM me if you need to talk!!!:chopper:!!!

I agree that you need to tell your therapist the truth about how you are feeling. You won't disappoint her. She may be disappointed that things aren't better than they are, but then again she may be expecting things to be this way. Hospital stays help to keep you safe and give you tools to help you move forward, but they can't cure you in that small amount of time. Tell her so she knows where she needs to go next. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00