Is there is something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Blitz.mk2, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Blitz.mk2

Blitz.mk2 Member

Hi
    This is my first post here, hopefully this is the right place.
    I am 26 years old guy, never had true relationships, even though
    I am not a too shy person, I was always wondering, why is it
    I cant manage to find this true love everyone are talking about.

Im tall, I have a nice fit body (I work out), I dont smoke, I dont drink,
    I have some sense of humor even though sometimes I loose it (not sure why),
    I am very intelligent, I love movies and music, I dive (like underwater diving),
    and I dont have any self confidence issues (that im aware of).

Yet I only had sex like 2 times in my entire life, and I never had a real G/F

I wonder why... I feel really lonely sometimes, I see all the couples around me
    and it kills me... I used to think maybe I have too high standards,
    so for the past year I made everything in my power to make the girls surrounding me to feel welcome near me,
    I offer equal amount of attention to every single girl that comes near me (well most of them..) and I receive tons of compliments yet by the end of the day, I am still all alone :(

Im lost :(

2. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

No real answer for you Blitz because there may not be one. I'm in the same boat and have been for a while, matter of fact there's quite a few other threads where we've expressed the same frustrations.:sad: I'm not sure why things don't work out, I tried so many things, real positive ones too, but things never worked out and like you alone at the end of the day. Maybe like you said your standards could be too high? Or perhaps you just haven't met the right person yet, no sense in just being with someone just to be with someone, would think if you keep doing the right things and keep being a good person then things will eventually work out, just don't give up and when you do succeed, let us know how, many of us need help along those lines.:wink:

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

From your description it's nearly gauranteed that someone around you actually likes you. They might think you don't like them or something, so they just avoid bringing anything up(it doesn't matter if you don't like the person anyway, shit happens I guess).

Many people might just think "meh, he's probly got a girlfriend, or someone in line for it". So they don't bother asking you. That's basically what happens with me(as in I don't bother asking the guy out or talking to him if I like him, but I'm in a different situation altogether). So if I come across anyone I 'like', I don't bother initiating anything.

Have you ever found someone you like and would want to get to know?

4. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

you should pay more/extra attention to the girl(s) you like rather then offering them all an equal amount... you need to make 1 girl feel special and go for it =]

5. Blitz.mk2

Blitz.mk2 Member

Thank you all for the reply's

Now that I think about it, maybe the problem is with me...
    im not sure why but I cant really recall a moment when I felt something
    spacial towards a girl, I mean sure im sexually attracted, but that was never
    a thing good enough to motivate me...

Its like I have this amazing young girl (shes 18) that is working with me
    and she got this amazing body, and she is just beautiful overall, so I invited
    her to my place, in an attempt to share some intimacy with her, yet by the
    time we were there on my bed watching DVDs, I just stopped myself, not becaue I didnt wanted
    but because I know that even though she is beautiful, she is still a young girl
    that all she care about is night clubs and alcohol and music...
    And she is far from been grown up, so I just backed off as I dont need a g/f just for sex...

I guess I just want a soul mate, someone to live with, to share my life with for better or worse,
    knowing she is actually capable enough to understand the stage in my life i am going through, and not some teenage girl... meh =\