Is there really a meaning in life...just empty?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by HomerSimpson, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

Guys have been depressed and empty for many years now. I had been looking for a job for so long and the entire time I was looking I was thinking I would feel so much better when I find one. Well after about a year I finally found one, and guess what I feel no better. Now all I do is count down the days before I have to back to a dead end job that I really do not like. Do not get me wrong I am thankful to have a job, but was hoping I would feel better when I got one but instead still feel empty and alone.

Now I have tried to start looking and dating again. Maybe a gf will fill the void and emptiness I have in my life. Do I want to die? To me it would be no big deal if I did.
    Can anyone else relate to feeling like this?

2. the black raven

the black raven Well-Known Member

In order to find a purpose in life, you have to set something you want to achieve. With that target, you will feel motivated and find meaning in life. For example, wanting to have a family, a gf, and maybe want to watch your grandkid grow and become a successful people. That kind of achievement will help you feel motivated, therefore, find the meaning in life.

I'm sorry you feel this way Homer, if you're really serious about finding a love interest, why not? She may fill what's lost in you ;)

Wish you all the best, hugs

3. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

I have competed in bodybuilding contests, ran marathons, because those were goals I wanted to achieve. But now it all just seems so empty.

4. the black raven

the black raven Well-Known Member

Maybe you can try another goal Homer... Keep achieving new things, It will give another purpose in life. There are endless possibilities about what you can achieve, it may be hard to see now, in your current condition, but I hope you can see it in the future. *hugs*

5. im sorry to hear that. i feel it too. maybe it'll help if you look back in time? what did u used to like doing? for example i used to draw 24/7, and now i cant make myself hold a pencil. im down in the dumps too but maybe if we talk about the things we used to like maybe we can help each other out. im here for u, hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.