Is there really someone for everyone?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Aurora Gory Alice, Nov 29, 2009.

Is there really someone for everyone?

1. Yes! No matter how hairy, ugly or psycho you think you are.

24 vote(s)
  2. No! Nope. Nada. Not a chance in hell.

24 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I've heard this so often throughout my life - and I've even said it a handful of times. Thing is... I've always wholeheartedly believed it as well. But now I'm not so sure.

It'd make sense wouldn't it, almost 7 billion people in this world, surely there has got to be - someone for everyone?

I always piss and moan about being single and ugly and unloved and nobody wanting me. But the truth of the matter is, plenty of people have asked me out, a couple have declared their undying love (okay well one maybe!) and I know that if I lowered my expectations considerably I'd have probably been married with a couple of kids by now.
    The only reason I'm not (other than being a completely messed up individual for the last 20-something years) is that I want Mr 6'5" suave brooding looks like he could be in the movies instead of Joe Average and I haven't gotten to that point where I will settle for any less.

Anyway, my question is do YOU believe there is someone for everyone? If you do - why, and if you don't - why not?
  2. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

You gotta kiss alot of frogs before you get the Prince, Patsy :)

I think, when you least expect it, love comes into your life. Thats the way its happened for me. I dont know if you know straight off when you meet 'thee ONE', but i think you gotta go with it. I dont think it should be hard though and I think ya gotta be true to yourself. Im rambling haha!

I believe there is more than one person for everyone, there can be the right person for the right time. Like the guy im with, he was the right person for me for the last seven yrs but I dont think he is the right person for me forever.

haha - Love is strange, its the most uncontrollable element in the world in my opinion.

It confuses the hell outta me haha.

From Eddie
    x ;)
  3. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I think so. But do we really meet them? I guess there're more people we learn to live with. It's more a no for me, unless you give up on your ideal.
  4. dreaminghome

dreaminghome Well-Known Member

I think there isn't someone for everyone, just seeing how many people die alone. I think that's the proof there isn't someone for everyone.
  5. Aurora Gory Alice

Interesting point. But I am also of the belief that things don't just fall into a persons lap. For instance, anyone I've been talking to knows that I am interested in a guy at work. I'm not expecting him to just pipe up and ask me out, sweep me off my feet etc. This isn't a fairytale. If a person doesn't make their feelings known or avidly seek out what they want, how will they ever get it?
  6. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

yes BUT

what about all the people who DONT die alone..... that would back you the arguement for everyone having someone. :)
  7. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Now, half the women in the world will never find someone they "love" since they're all looking for this freaking Edward guy (twilight saga), who no matter how you look at it, is just a slave pretty much who serves Bella, having no needs of his own. At least 50% of women will spend their lives looking for a guy to serve them now, because of Twilight, so.. if those who get out of this stupid day dream and come to realise how selfish it is to want someone like that so damn much, then yes, people can find love.
    Oh and don't get me wrong, I'm not on about the occasional crush, I'm on about people across the world who are devoting their lives to this fictional character.
  8. J_Oli3

J_Oli3 Well-Known Member

I believe so... I like to think so... I hope so :lol!:
  9. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I think so... er cause like ur my soul mate linds .... we were meant to be together ...ummm accept for the whole gay thing we r a perfect match :D
  10. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

There are billions of people in the world! So yeah it's easy as hell to say there is someone in the world for everyone.

But haha what if your soul mate is thousands of miles away?

Good luck finding that stranger and falling in love.
  11. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Yes. My cat is my soul mate. <3 He'll always be here and he'll always love me and I love him back. :)
  12. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

:heart: I belive in soulmate:cupid2: true love :cupid: love at 1st sight:cuddle2:...But some people dont meet with that person or they meet but there is peroblem that make them a part :cry:
  13. Aurora Gory Alice

Awwwwwwwwwwww I :wub: my Steeeeeb! If you weren't gay I so would get in there!!!
  14. Aurora Gory Alice

Planes baby - planes! :stars:
  15. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

yes i think there is
  16. plates

plates Well-Known Member

WHAT? bella was serving edward!!! have you seen new moon? i mean come on, wtf did edward do? run away while she starved herself, got depressed, nearly killed herself to see visions of him, and then...she runs. in.slooow motion and jumps on him as he was about to kill himself because he couldn't communicate properly.

my someone is myself. i think it's pretty awful to think that you need someone else to complete you. then again, i supposedly have an avoidant attachment disorder. when the truth is let out about how i feel about being abandoned by people who said loved me, it's...humiliating.
  17. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I'd like to think so.
  18. boo

boo Well-Known Member

life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get...:sparkle::sparkle::sparkle:
  19. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

I voted no on this.
    Might sound terrible, but I just don't think there is someone for everyone. Thats just my opinion though.
  20. Aurora Gory Alice

WOW! Way to ruin New Moon - thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.