is there something wrong with me? (trig.)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by bluekangaroo, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluekangaroo

bluekangaroo Active Member

today i carved "EVERYBODY HATES YOU" into my stomach. and i'm just wondering if i'm the only one that carves words and the like into my skin, or if other people do too. It'd be nice to know i'm like everyone else, and not just a freak.
  2. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

I once carved someone's name into my skin, and some other words.I do regret doing it though. You definitely aren't alone or a freak. It's quite common.
  3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I carved a word into my leg once. Nah..You aren't a freak, or alone in it, no worries. :hug:
  4. bluekangaroo

thanks, but this isn't all that guys are saying "once" as in not that often, but that's all i do. my upper thighs are covered with "fat" "ugly" "mean" "stupid" "fatty" "fat cow" "moo" "lazy" "loser" "wannabe" question: how badly do you think they'll scar?
  5. animebling

animebling Well-Known Member

Scars will depend on how deep the cut was, what you cut it with and how much you interfere with its healing. I have "Kill Me" carved into my leg and wouldn't let it heal. Now the scar is darker then a tattoo.
  6. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I have a word on my thigh... its healed now and kinda hard to see but its still there.
  7. Ashes

Ashes Member

there are a lot of people that carve words. i was afraid of getting caught..i needed a semi believable excuse other than "i fell onto a giant sharp razor shaped "i hate her". but i did carve things with meaning. not societies view of normal, but hey.
  8. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

I've carved words too, but I stopped when I started cutting deeper because I was afraid that while swimming, biking, or running someone would see it. And like someone already said, 'I was walking along and I tripped and landed on something sharp and shaped like the words 'Why Me?' , 'Death', 'Pain', 'Loser', 'Idiot', 'Fool', etc.' doesn't really cut it. Especially when my cross-country coach and social worker were watching me so close.

About half of mine have healed over now and the other half you can only see at certain times when I have a nice tan.

You're by no means a freak, you've just specialized in a form of SI not as popular as the regular straight, parallel cuts.
  9. bluekangaroo

Thank you, Lost Disciple. I needed that. Thanks :smile:
  10. I carved words into my arm once. That was the first time I had ever cut and I didn't realize it was such a bad thing. I carved, "Haley <3's S.O.S." I realize now that there shouldn't be an apostrophe in "<3s" and eerily enough, the only thing that's visible on my arm now from that (which happened five years ago) is the heart and apostrophe S.
  11. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

I use to cut spelling words into my leg to try to make myself memorize them.
  12. Citadel

Citadel Guest

Ive cut a number of different words into my arms for a while and most seem to have healed, but the ones done when I felt most alone look like there not going to fade away. Ive still got to wear long sleve T shirts in hot wheather to hide 'NO HOPE' which is clearly carved into my left arm so people dont think im disturbed, im a little smarter now and only do anything like that where I know people dont see it. If you feel no other choice but to start cutting just take care cause even some of the smallest slits you make sometimes can leave the worst scars in my experence.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.