1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by trinisty, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinisty

trinisty Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm new in here and English isn't my first language so I apologize for weirdness (is that a word?) or bad grammar.

I believe that this forum will listen to me, because it seems that I don't have any friend to talk about my problem. So I really thank you guys in advance for reading my post :hearts:

So yeah, it's 2015, my first new year resolution is to confess to a girl (which is my best friend for 4 years) that I really like her. So I did, well not really. My plan is that I want to talk to her in person, so I messaged her and said "hey, I want to talk with you about something" on 7th Jan. So I waited her to reply for like 5-6 days after I messaged her and she did reply and said "I'm sorry, I'm really scared to discuss this because I'm kinda know what are you going to say and I don't know how to answer it". So we were chatting for 10 minutes or so about whether or not I should confess.

In my head, all I want to say is this: "look, I really like you for the past 2 years, you are an amazing girl that appreciate others. You do know that I have a depressive personalities, I like to insult myself, say sorry a lot, feel guilty all the time, and so on. Because you always appreciate others, including me, I feel so comfortable beside and talking to you. I don't want to force you to be my girlfriend, because I feel I'm not good enough, but if you do like me back, just say it but it's your choice whether you want to date me right now, or like a month later, I just want to know your feeling about me. But if you don't like me, it's fine too, I was kinda expecting that, but still I want you to tell me about it, and I won't be sad or feel bad about it. So... do you like me or not?" That was the script inside my head, and it didn't happen. I didn't have a chance to talk about that.

I believed that MAYBE my best friend was thinking that if I confess then I'm forcing her to be my girlfriend, and if she doesn't want to, then I won't talk to her anymore. Now why is this bad? Because right now, she won't reply to any of my message, I believe she hates me now. She means a lot to me, she helped me live for more than 4 years. She helped me to relief my stress, she loved to fool around with me, and I usually helped her with some of her assignments in high school. We used to skype until 1 am almost everyday, we discussed everything... like... everything... even poop... dog poop or something else. We laughed, shared moments together. I love her, I really really love her. I never love a girl this much, I can't even explain how much she means to me. And now, the girl that I really really love... hates me. She doesn't want to talk to me anymore. I feel so bad, like really bad, this is not what it's suppose to. I can't sleep or eat for 3 days. Even that she really hates, in my deepest heart, I still believe that maybe someday... SOMEDAY she will love me back, I hope so.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I move on? I really really REALLY don't want to move on. I still love her...

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome,

I do not think from what you have shared here is that she hates you. She's probably shy or uncomfortable or not ready for a relationship but not hating you.
    I do not think you have done anything wrong, considering you were her best friend I think she's too embarrassed to say yes or no to you, because you know her so well.
    Have you tried contacting her in the past 3 days, it may be a good idea to and if she doesn't even reply as least you can tell your self you tried!!
    I understand that it's a very difficult situation to be in but I hope it all works out for you and if not there are plenty more nice girls out there!

:hug: for you

3. trinisty

trinisty Well-Known Member

I did contact her, I explained to her that I didn't mean to do this. But it seems that she doesn't want to talk back. Thanks for the hug, here's a :hug: for you too.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Maybe she is just not ready yet to talk it out with you, I don't think she will ignore you forever.Give it some more time, us girls do get moody lol

P.S I think what you were going to say to her is really beautiful and worded very well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.