Is there something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by aki, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I just...need to know. I know it's most likely that no one's going to say anything here, apart from 'no, there's nothing wrong with you.'

I don't know why but I seem to disgust and turn off 90% of people. I was already aware of this before I came here so I wasn't expecting anything. But I don't know...if someone could pm me if they have any suggestions or criticisms or something :unsure:

I'm just so sick of being rejected. Just constantly. Non stop. It's painful and humiliating and it affects nearly every aspect of my life, no matter how I try and ignore it. I don't depend on people liking me to give me self worth but still it would be nice to be liked. Most people here and in the real world don't like me and I just...I don't know.

I just want honesty. It'll help me more.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Elizabeth,

There isn't anything wrong with you :hug: Although you sound like you have self esteem and confidence issues. Don't worry about what people think of you hun. Just be yourself and your confidence with rocket :)

3. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

People that would so wantonly toss you away without any actual investigation of you are fools for it. Somewhere are people like you that will take you. It's unfortunate that you haven't found them easily.

If it being on the internet is of no concern to you, there are many people here more than happy to accept you.

4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Hi ripper

Loads of people here are pretty wrapped up in their own issues, so maybe they won't really be able to give you the validation and acceptance you want ? :dunno:

I used to feel like you. It can feel awful and hopeless. I thought I was repulsive and ugly and horrible and that's why people would run. But from what I've gathered you try your best to reach out and there will be places where you feel accepted and places where you won't. Maybe you're just looking at the wrong people/places for validation?

It might be helpful to think of what makes these horrible feelings of rejection come up? Is it the type of replies you get, the way people respond to you, the tone of their voice? It might be a case of people going through their own rubbish and it not being the right time. Or it might be a combination of feeling awful within yourself and their response not being what you wanted (for their personal reasons) at that time. It doesn't necessarily mean that there's something deep rootedly repulsive about you and it's your fault. That doesn't take away the feelings of rejection and isolation I know. :hug:

Do you have any ideas why you feel disgusting? Is it the reaction you get from people or is it a combination of something internal and external? Maybe thinking about where the feelings of disgust come from might make you less likely to take people's "rejection" of you in a harmful way such as "it makes me disgusting".

And think about it like this: if you think 90% of people are rejecting you, does that necessarily mean there's something wrong with you or them? And 90% is a huge number, but how many people, in a day, do you actually come into contact with? I bet it's not a 100 :biggrin:.

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

If you feel there is something wrong, then there is...how we view ourselves affects how we interact with ppl...if you feel there is something you wish to develop, find someone who is able to enact these skills, and see how s/he lives in the world...J

6. aki

aki Well-Known Member

wow this thread is embarrassing :mellow: sorry. I'm just stressing about stuff atm. thanks for your replies and all the good advice, lots to think about.
    lots of smartie hugs for you all hehe :biggrin:

7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

:cuddle2: :biggrin: it's ok. i hope you feel better soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.