Is there something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by lifeisgood, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifeisgood

lifeisgood Member

I feel like I'm going insane.
    I can't concentrate on anything because of all the shit flying around my brain. The more I try and make sense of my life the less sense everything makes. I feel like I'm falling, like I actually feel like I'm falling really fast and any day now I'm going to smash into the bottom of whatever it is I've been falling towards.
    I can't think straight. I'm thinking all the time, my brain never slows down, but it's going so fast I can't keep up.
    I've tried to sort my life out, I honestly have. But I don't know what else to do. I can't concentrate long enough to come up with anything else. I don't know why I'm posting this here, there's no reason for anyone to give a fuck, it's not like I'm any different to anyone else moaning about their life here.
    Or maybe I am, I don't know. I don't particularly want to kill myself, but I don't know where else to go. Maybe I could just walk out the door (just turn around now, cos I'm not welcome any more) and keep walking and see what happens.

I don't know. Am I sane? Apparently if you think you're not sane, you are sane. Yeah, not really very reassuring.
  2. Pécheur

Pécheur Account Closed

The fact that you are posting here show's that you're not ready to give up without absolutely knowing that there isn't more help out there. Also, to answer your question about your sanity, yes, you are sane. You are questioning your sanity proves that you know something isn't quite right and are still able to worry about your mental health before taking drastic steps.

Can I ask? Do you/have you sought professional help? Why not come into chat and get some support from people in there?

3. lifeisgood

lifeisgood Member

Thank you for the reply...
    I have spoken to a counsellor a couple of times, and other people, who advised me to see a doctor ASAP but I never did. I was too scread of what they might say. I'm starting to think that was a really really bad idea :(
  4. Pécheur

Pécheur Account Closed

You're Welcome.

I think you should see one. They can offer you support from people who know what they are doing and try to solve what the reason is for you feeling like this.

I was too scared at first so I wrote down all that was bothering me and gave her the letter. I hope this helps :hug: .
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi believe or not i too am fighthing the thoughts about seeing a doctor it scare the xxxxx out of me but in time i think iwill have too if i want to feel better get well. The doctors are there to help okay not to judge so if youcan get t hat courage do it okay make an appt as i have now and see what help you can get for YOU hugs
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I too think that you should go ahead and see a doctor. If your questioning your sanity as often as you're aware that somethings not quite right. see the doctor, at best you might even be able to get a diagnosis and treatment, good luck :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.