Is there such a thing as a soft suicide?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by little ray of sunshine, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been reading up on ways to commit suicide. I'm not as far now as to do it, but there might be a change that I'm faced with an impossible life in the future, that's why I'm looking for information now.

I always kind of preferred to just take a deathly pill, listen to my favourite music, go to sleep and never wake up. However, after having read up on methods I came to the conclusion that there is no such way. <mod edit: bunny - methods> That even seems unbearable to me no matter how bad I feel.

I might just start to believe that even suicide is an impossibility to me

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2007
  2. A Self Made Loser

A Self Made Loser Active Member

I have searched high and low on the internet for a "suicide pill" in Austraila there is such a wonderful thing, but they quickly band it because of fear of many people who were feeling suicidel buying it up, when it was made in mind for people with terminal cancer and very old frail people who wanted to die a little soner than go through the pain.

3. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

the idea itself is rather noble but it is my point of view of course. has australia forbidden this 'suicide pill' for good or still using it in cases of terminally ill people and such?

as of soft suicide i doubt it exist. even in death a price has to be paid am sure..... who thinks otherwise?

4. Abby Rose

Abby Rose Well-Known Member

I dont think that the issue is with the possiblity of physical pain but rather with the emotional stress that goes along with it, the idea of death and not the physical suffering it might take to achieve.

5. gag

gag Well-Known Member

Pills are very unreliable for committing suicide.
    You could end up with kidney or liver failure instead of death, all kinds of agony can hit you if you have a failed attempt using pills.

6. Chickpea

Chickpea Well-Known Member

If by soft suicide you mean somehow pleasant.... then I don't think that really exists in any realistic way. From my own research.... there ARE more peaceful ways to go but due to laws and restrictions it is pretty much impossible.

I don't think this is fair... I think if you depressed enough that you WILL kill yourself then its just not nice that you will have to suffer more during the process. However, in other ways I'm glad. Because dying by suicide would be such an awful experiences I'm reassured that I won't through with it until I 100% sure. If suicide was easy, I'd be gone by now.

7. Trip the Dark fantastic

Trip the Dark fantastic Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with Alexis. A 'soft' suicide is somewhat a contradiction in terms. Sure, where physical pain is concerned, this aspect can be taken care of, powerful analgesic drugs see to that. But this is where soft ends and hard starts...

Its the state of mind I'm in, at this crucial moment which ultimately is the yardstick for me. If death is -in my rather romantic birds-eye view- simply the next step in life's evolution, than the planning and execution of your death, -aka suicide- brings a harmonious process to a shuddering halt. My minds eye pictures that as a screeching across a slate with my fingernails...

By that definition suicide is always 'hard'. Your state of mind will -very likely-be in turmoil, because of your choice to force a process. Regardless of the justification you have so patiently and ardently pieced together, those treasured jigsaw pieces you bought, stole, traded in from all corners of the humankind truth's, be that of religious, spiritual or philosophical nature...

...I'm afraid, that this shelter, my diamond card-house, fortress of my treasured reasons- those precious reasons to die- will just crumble. I truly fear this moment of my last thought, my last spark of mind, my last breath out. I'm terrified that nothing will be 'soft' in the very moment I am sentencing my life to death...

I've been suspending belief in my life for, what seems an eternity and I'm scared of finding indeed the rabbit in death's stovepipe hat...

8. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

I guess mankind will always fear death instead of welcoming/accepting peacefully as being a normal part of life cycle. The main fear is of the 'unknown'.... If we had our answers .. how would people act-react-behave in this life time? Probably why no one knows I guess. I respect and accept all of your views as each feel differently about it, but I do not see it as you do. Nothing romantic about death tho.

9. I've suffered so much at the hands of life yet why should I suffer even more when I choose to end this agony? Yes such a pill as invented in Australia sounds almost too good to be true - which it probably also is. Then if pills are too risky what is the is the 'softest way to go.'?

<mod edit: bunny - methods>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2007
  10. Trip the Dark fantastic

little ray of sunshine, you'll find that you can't initiate a method discussion here on this forum. Its pro-life and the FE's yield a mighty whip...:rolleyes:

11. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

i have had to edit/delete a few posts in this thread so far, could people please remember that this is a pro life forum and methods are not allowed to be shared or discussed.

12. Trip the Dark fantastic

....and a pretty fast one for that matter...:eek:hmy::eek:hmy:

13. Seems the rule for euthanasia is the same on the net as in life; discuss but do not help. Never read it anywhere when I visited the site but seems logical to me.

14. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I think so many people have spent so much time looking for a reliable and yet "soft" method that they've overlooked the fact that no matter what the method or how painless it is, you still have to have the guts to initiate the process. That, in and of itself, is psychologically painful and traumatic. Maybe even more than any physical pain a person might suffer with a "harder" method.

People are not designed to end their own lives.

15. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

"the fact that no matter what the method or how painless it is, you still have to have the guts to initiate the process. That, in and of itself, is psychologically painful and traumatic."

People are not designed for many things yet they do more than I care to say here..... what a strange specy (gives me the chill) :huh:

16. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Of course if it's possible people have done it and can do it. It's just that to a living being, that life is the most important thing we have. Even if we think we want to end it, hen it comes down to the nitty gritty, just setting things in motion is the hardest thing in the world to do. Your body wants to live more than anything else. Because the human mind isn't really able to fathom the absolute end. It's incomprehensible. It's easy to think about suicide when it isn't right on the table in front of you. But when it comes down to it, death is scary. The idea of it. We can have no idea what it really is other than to say that one moment you exist and the next, you don't.

But how can that bring satisfaction when there is no you to observe it and feel the satisfaction and relish it? In order to want something, you have to be able to convince yourself there is a reward. What is the reward for suicide? You can't get the reward if you don't exist. If you want to die, you don't really want to die. You want to die because you think you'll go to a better place. But death isn't a place, a time or anything else. It isn't even nothing. There has to be something in order for there to be nothing. If you think about taking your last breath - Take a deep breath and hold it as long as you can. What happens? Your body wants to breathe. There's suddenly nothing more important in the world than that next breath.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2007
  17. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

I believe a post has been removed Random. I was making stronger your statement about " That, in and of itself, is psychologically painful and traumatic." to a previous post.

Be well and safe.

18. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Oh. I see. Sorry. Well, my message is there for folks to read anyway. Maybe someone will find it helpful.

19. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I found it really helpful, Random. Thanks :smile:

Normally I avoid reading this part of the forum, but that actually made me more aware of my own suicidal ideation and made me question my reasons for wanting to die.

20. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

there are a few easy painless ways to go. <mod edit: bunny - methods> but never know how you will die, not many get quick or easy deaths. so gotta try to face the fact.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.