Is this a normal reaction?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

At times I get really upset and just cry and feel like I want to end it. After I am done, I feel emotionally drained. Not long after that, I feel giddy, happy, like nothing can get me down. I can sing and dance and tell jokes and it's like nothing just happened. I was wondering if this is a normal reaction to letting out stressful emotions, or if there is something deeper going on. Any insight would be much appreciated.

2. some_random_name

some_random_name Well-Known Member

I feel similar but I don't know if it has helped or harmed me. It feels good though.

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sorry I cannot remember,what's your diagnosis?

What you are feeling is normal I think, we can't stay emotionally drained all the time so the happiness and giddyness is bound to happen. Maybe this is something to bring up with your doctor? I have experienced what you go through, a few times at least.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I haven't really been diagnosed with anything other than depression and anxiety. I will talk it out with my doctor when I can, thanks :)

Petal likes this.
  5. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

It is definitely something you need to talk to your doctor about. Hopefully they can help you more.
    *hugs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.