Is this a support group or a drama production?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Unregistered2, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Every time I visit this board, there is one of a handful of people that seem to be putting on the next act in their drama production.

It's always someone threatening to leave, or something like that. Is everyone just fishing for reassurance, or what?

These people get 90% of the attention of the board, while other people with issues are lucky to get a reply.

It's frankly a bit disgusting.
  2. ImInLovexx

ImInLovexx Guest

I guess I can kinda see what you mean...I mean I dont get even close to half the help i really need... idk.. i like it here, i dont really care that much if i get replys back..its really just a place for me to vent..
    im sorry to hear you feel that way about the forum.
  3. Wiseman

Wiseman Member

People are people and people will act like people
    Whilst some be a ruse most are in genuine pain that they did not choose
    Blame them not for calling out, but help them through their pain and give a shout!
  4. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

I dont think I would blame people for makin this a drama production, we all came here for different reasons but probably stay for similiar reasons.. being that this is a community with all the markings of a community, there are gonna be things you like and things you do not like, places you frequent and places you stay away from.. It is hard to try and reply constantly to people.. I posted over 200 message my first 2 days here and that burnt me right out.. I came on now and again for a couple weeks or a month than fizzled right out until this past December when I felt ready to frequent this place again... I dont even come close to reading all the posts here and mainly stick with ones that may interest me or ones that I have posted on in the past.. unless we get into a conversation on the chat or on a post I will not tend to look up your posting history...
  5. scared_child

scared_child Account Closed

well, the point of this site is to get support for when we need it, and I guess that could be considered a "drama production", but in my opinion, it is just people reaching out for support.
  6. struggling

struggling Antiquitie's Friend

I guess it does seem a bit like a drama production at times and I know Im as guilty as anyone of being overdramatic at times. However in my defence (and that of many others) sometimes life can feel fairly unreal and I do make dramatic statements because I feel the need to vent the anger/ frustration/fear that Im feeling at the time. Fair to say that Id much rather read someones ranting about wanting to die than imagine them unable to express it and killing themselves with no chance of being persuaded otherwise. Is it that you feel that your or other peoples real issues are of greater importance ?(which Im afraid none of us ever know) and how do you know how real the issues are that are being expressed in this dramatic way. There are no trained counsellors here so we're all going through various problems and therefore there is no guarantee of a reply, although most posts seem to get at least one.You seem to judge unkindly those who may not express things calmly, but I dont feel that they necessarily get more replies-maybe they are just more immediately needed if only to try and prevent someone harming themselves. Sorry if you dont find it helpful, from my limited experience people reply to posts that interest them, catch their magination or touch on some of their own experiences and sometimes if they are annoyed or angry-and thats how it should be. It isnt a competition to see who gets the most replies, hopefully those in genuine need will get some feedback, I always have- even if its just one post. Like everything it doesnt suit everyone but I like it here, dont use it a lot but have found it very helpful.:smile:
  7. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

i don´t know if is drama what you see on this forum, i think that people needs to let it all out, needs to feel free to write without anyone judging them, and no one here needs to read that what he/she post is a drama because is the way the feel. if you feel sad i´m sure you will want to let it all out and you won´t want to read anybody saying to you"stop saying that because is pure drama" or "you are being overdramatic" don´t you? we all respect the feelings of the other pople because we all are here looking for care and UNDERSTANDING. i hope to see you around again, take care:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.