Is this anxiety?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by asking_for_it, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asking_for_it

asking_for_it Member

Thinking things like objects can come to life and kill me

Thinking my dogs fur (its black) is actually a girls hair and imagining a face turning round attached to it - right out of his back (triggered by the look of his fur looking like hair) and frightening me so much i have to get out of the house away from him

Not being able to walk near the top of the stairs strongly thinking someone will push me down from the bedroom opposite the stairs

not being able to look at myself in the mirror incase it isnt me

is this anxiety? my doctor says it is but i cant help thinking i am crazy

2. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Your not crazy.Um guess is sort of anxiety in there and paranoya but i dont know if they fall in same category.I d be talking more with your doc about this.

3. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Doesn't sound like anxiety. Sounds like psychosis and paranoid delusions.

4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Stress is a big factor in life that can have those effects. I would not put it all down to anxiety and also recommend you speak with your GP more on this subject.

5. grei

grei Well-Known Member

Definitely sounds like paranoid delusions, possibly psychosis.. But those things are the direct product/consequences of having high anxiety. I second (third? fourth?) that you should talk more with your doctor or therapist about it, and try to make yourself as clear as possible, that its NOT just a "normal" amount of anxiety.

6. asking_for_it

asking_for_it Member

thanks all. i will defo be speaking with the dr about it, i am fed up of being told everything is 'anxiety' and giving me antidepressants that dont do fuck all to rid me of said anxiety!!!

7. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Suggest you try quetiapine (seroquel). It's an antipsychotic which treats psychosis, mania and now it can treat depression.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.