is this better?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by The_8th_Wonder, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

I have found a new way to harm myself. I am now starting to not cut as much. Instead I am now taking my rubber bands and wrapping them around my braces and snapping them in my mouth. I am also picking the skin off my lips and rubbing salt on it to sting them. I have tried to stop harming myself but I can't. The only other distractions I have are swimming and showering and I can't do those all the time. I need to punish myself for the things that I let happen to me. So anyways my question is, Is this better than cutting and am I on the road to stop self harming myself?

2. Dana..

Dana.. Well-Known Member

i suppose you are on the way to getting better, as you've stopped cutting.
    But you still need to stop picking your lips, beacause they'll get very red and people will be able to tell.

3. The_8th_Wonder

True but I could just blame chapped lips for them couldn't I? Also I'm sad to say that I haven't stopped cutting I have just of done it as much.

4. Dana..

Dana.. Well-Known Member

Aw, i think you need to find another way of releasing your anger/pain, like drawing,
    or putting pins in a doll or a potato or something like that.

5. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

i harm myself too...although not as often now as i used to...i have found a way not to cut as much...i place ice cubes in my hand ...and hold it there...it is coldddddddddddd...it takes away the need to cut..and it works great....and it doesnt leave scars

6. Dana..

Dana.. Well-Known Member

Just a very cold hand :p

7. The_8th_Wonder

I tried this and unfortunately it didn't work to well. I felt like I almost got uhh frost bite on my hands. I couldn't move my hands and had to put them under hot water for around 10 minutes. Thanks for the idea though.

8. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

dont try to stop cutting....... remember cause and effect, cutting is the effect, so aim for the cause and work that out properly, once thats healed (to some extent at least) you tend to cut a lot less, if at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.