Is This Bullying?

Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by reverse, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reverse

reverse Guest

This guy I knew online sent me a PM on this forum we were both members of ordering me to get on Yahoo one day because he just had to talk to me. I did because it sounded urgent, but all he did was ask me to "voice chat" with him. He asked me 4 times in a row (!) and even though I refused 4 times he sent me an invitation to. I'm on a dial-up so it froze my computer. EVERYTHING freezes my computer. So I left.

Is that bullying?
  2. starchild

starchild Well-Known Member

I don't know about bullying. It sounds as though he was being quite forceful with his demands, and you were right to leave. But I guess it depends on why he felt he needed to speak to you so badly; perhaps he didn't mean to come across in such an intimidating manner.
  3. Zooty

Zooty Active Member

I wouldnt call it bullying but it certainly borders on harassment as you refused and he kept on about it.
  4. reverse

reverse Guest

starchild - I don't think he wanted to talk about anything urgent. I got online because he made it sound urgent.

btw Love your avatar.

Zooty - Ok, perhaps you're right.
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I don't believe this is a case of bullying. I do not think he cared about your feelings or chose to listen to what you wanted to do. He was insistent and thus rude, but not bullying.
  6. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

He was rude and did not respect your wishes, it's not bullying.
  7. Name19

Name19 Member

Chances are hey wanted to hear/record your voice. To try an make fun of you,perphaps.

It was probably an attempt at bullying harassment but it depends on how this person is related to you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.