Is this depression?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by TaraB3ar, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaraB3ar

TaraB3ar Well-Known Member

I dont necessarily feel sad/hopeless I just feel blah. I'm tired all the time, and I just dont want to do anything. I barely even talk to friends anymore, I dont have a real reason why I just dont want to. Does that qualify as depression?

2. Pilko

Pilko Active Member

I think you need to talk to someone if you are isolating yourself from other people, especially those that care about you. Is there anything going on in your life that is giving you that blah feeling tat you may not have thought could affect you. I'm am glad that you do not feel hopeless.

3. kemistry

kemistry Well-Known Member

Maybe you are overwhelmed with something, perhaps with life in general?

Try not to push your friends away, espcially those that care for you. You don't have to see them, but it's reasonable to leave them a message, something generic like, I'm not feeling well so I'll get back to you when I'm better..

Some day I would feel numb too, indifferent, and I tend to avoid contacts when that happened but it's a bad habbit. People can't be patient with a rock, so try not to become one.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yeh it is a good idea to see your doctor maybe your tiredness comes from a medical condition like your thyroid if it is not working or something else. Your doctor can do blood work and check up to see if anything medical is doing this. He can also talk to you and see if you are depressed best to get checked out first

5. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

there are so many different symptoms for depression it would be hard to say hun :hug: but it is definately worth talking about and/or going to see your doc if your worried :arms

6. Blue_Star

Blue_Star Member

Hi TaraB,

As the others have posted, especially with tiredness being one of the main factors, it could be a very good idea to get an appointment & some testing done. They may be able to find something there that could give you a bit of relief if any of it relates back to something like a vitamin deficiency, etc. & They may be able to refer you to someone to talk to about your feelings, etc. Talk to them about how things have been for you and they will be able to have a good idea on what's going on in regards to the depression, or able to refer you to someone who will.

I know it's hard to reach out or to look for/ask for help when having those feelings, but it is worth it. The same goes with talking with friends & others -- though I'm not one very good at giving advice there! The suggestion of leaving them a message that was posted above is a very good one. It also does count for a good deal that you made posts here, etc and shows that you are reaching out still... give yourself credit for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.