Is this disorder?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hurted, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Well here is the problem...

Everytime when 1 person who mean lot to me come in to my mind, i imagine that face of that person is covered with something... And it is really horrible... i cant think about this person a lot because all those images makes me crazy... Is this disorder or am i crazy?
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

That sounds very strange...what is their face usually covered in?
  3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

well... ... This person is dead now for 3 years... and always when i see this "picture" the person is in coffin... whit what is face covered i dont want to say... However, i dont think this is trauma or anything... i was really sad when that person dyed, but after 3 months my life come back to normal track.
  4. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

It could be a symptom of a disorder. I'm probably wrong here but maybe it's PTSD from loseing someone close to you? I know people with PTSD often have flash backs and stuff kind of like that.
  5. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Its obssesive compulsive disorder.

I feel much more "normal", because i know that at least 2% of people have same problems...
  6. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Have you been clinically diagnosed with it?
  7. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

But i have it since i was born... When i was 5 years old, i always have to touch people back, if they touch me:laugh:

I never had big problems with it... Except when i was around 7,8...

Now its pretty OK... The biggest problem are obbsesions, they are moderate, compulisis are mild and they dont bother me...
  8. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Yea... that makes more sence. Because from the original post it really only seems like obsession. I don't see compulsion along with it.
  9. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Yeah i know... compulsions dont bother me a lot, i have 98% of compulisons before i went to bed...

But a small problems are obssesions... they really arent nice sometimes....
    I just cant stop thinking about some things which are ussually disguisting and which i would never do in reality...
  10. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

Hey hurted,
    are you getting any support for your OCD?
  11. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Not yet... i have psihologyst soon... I will talk about it with him...

Thanks for asking:hug:
  12. whocares

whocares New Member

Yea sounds like what I have. Everytime I see someone I picture their face beaten to a pulp. Very bad habit, and makes it hard to differentiate attractive people which is why I'm usually scared of going to large social events like parties that I get invited to because it's terrifying to picture everything at once like that. Don't worry though, I met someone with the same issue, generally most people tend to keep to themselves about it since such mentality is taboo.
  13. whocares

whocares New Member

Oh yea, by the way, as long as it doesn't interfere with your lifestyle don't worry about it. I used to check clocks about 200 times a day in the past despite not having a very tight schedule and I always did this weird ritual with a cigarette that was pretty stupid and pointless but I couldn't stop. I worked it out of my system with the help of others and now I still have a minor case of the clock checking, but I can function normally without any type of drugs or anything.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.