Is this Emtional Abuse?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by One_Wish_One_Chance, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One_Wish_One_Chance

One_Wish_One_Chance New Member

Hi Everyone,
    Well i'm kinda new to this thing but i wanted to ask a question.
    Am i a suffer of Emotional Abuse?

Ever since i was very young, i have never liked my mother, i have never had any kind of mother-daughter bond and i've never been able to talk to her.
    Its the little things she does that gets to me for example:
    I got a B in my maths test and too her it wasnt good enough and i need to do better, i was really upset and felt like a failier :(.
    We have so many arguments its unbeleiveble and makes me feel like i was brought into this world to be treated like shit!
    My Dad moved to the USA just to get away from her because everyone she comes across she treats like shit, but i get most of it because i am the closest thing to her.
    She doesnt let me wear what i want, have what hairstyle i want or let me live my life...she trys to live it for me. And its been really difficault lately cause i have a boyfriend and she isnt his biggest fan!
    She shouts at me in public places for nothing and she is soo embaressing, my friends dont even like coming round because she moans and embaresses them aswell
    Is this abuse?
    what can i do?

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Hm..I wouldn't say it's emotional abuse..But I don't know enough about the situation to be sure. It just seems like she's acting like a normal mom, a bit more demanding, but maybe when she said a B on a math test wasn't good enough, she meant you could have done better, and she's just wanting you to work at your full potential? I dunno, you say you don't like her, and I'm not sure how you treat her, but that might have something to do with how she talks to you? :dunno: Not much you can do except to try and avoid her, if she's that embarrassing. G'luck.

3. asqy

asqy Well-Known Member

there really isnt enough information from what you said to say one way or the other... if she just says she wants you do to better, then id say no... but if she yells at you, grounds you, doesnt talk to you, etc. over it, then maybe. anything else you could tell us? about your hair and clothes, it depends on how old you are, like if you're 14, then thats fine because thats what she's suppose to do as your mom. most parents are an embarrassing to their kids anyway.

atm, she just sounds kinda bitchy

4. -GirlxNextxDoor-

-GirlxNextxDoor- Well-Known Member

i never knew your mom was like this!
    i thought she was nice... :mellow: maybe shes like my dad who can seem nice but can turn like a wild tiger(ess) :smile:
    maybe your mum is trying to live your life as her life was controlled? it has happened many times :dry:
    oh and your not a failure :smile: i got a B too :smile:
    (mr turner marked me down for putting blueberry in lots and lots of answers!)
    :laugh: :tongue: :laugh:

anyway need to talk i am here, oh does sam know about this? its good to have someone you can talk too, but i am here anyway

XoX :cat: Kat :cat: XoX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.