Is this falling in love?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by aki, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I originally posted this in room to vent but I realised that I actually want an answer or if someone could help me clarify this feeling. It sounds stupid but I think it contributes to my depression in a major way. I don't know if anyone ever feels this way :unsure: So this is what I wrote:

'there's this thing about me, i don't know if anyone else has it. whenever i see tenderness or beauty in a person i can't stop thinking about it. i don't know if it's like falling in love with that person because it's so painful for me. i don't think falling in love is supposed to be painful is it? i've always heard it's wonderful and thrilling and everything. but this thing that i feel, it makes my heart ache and i can't stop thinking about this beautiful person or this beautiful or vulnerable thing that they did. and it makes me feel so bad about myself, i'm so ugly compared to them, and they'll never ever want to be with me.'

The sadness this gives me is immense. I don't know if anyone can understand this :sad:

2. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Yeah, falling in love is horrific- so painful, I got admitted into hospital because of it!

In all seriousness though- I understand what you're saying. :hug:

I doubt you're ugly though. I really doubt that.

I got to Brighton though at last, it took a month or so but I got there. I do hope you're okay, as okay as can be. :hug:

3. bb564

bb564 Guest

I actually cried a little bit when I read this post because you summed up exactly what I've not been able to say for the past year or so. I've always had that feeling of falling in love with someone based on very small amount of contact. I always say that if I had a chance to get to know them maybe they would like me, but a part of me knows that isn't true.

4. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

yh, i know that feeling :(

For me, the problem is rejection, even if there's no evidence behind it. I can't seem to get rid of this feeling that i've given someone everything ive got, and now theyre going to leave me.... i would surely die..

I've only ever actually fallen in love once though:unsure:

5. special_needs

special_needs Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I think i feel exactly the same, and i have the same problem, that gets me into pain - the fact that im ugly and that makes me so different from them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.