Is this how people see me?!

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ExtraSoap, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExtraSoap

ExtraSoap Well-Known Member

So, being the forever alone that I am, I googled how to get a girl to like me. Now, when you're done laughing I have a serious question. There is a wikihow article on the aforementioned topic, and i scrolled down and saw this image:

http://www.wikihow.com/images/5/59/Get-a-Girl-to-Like-You-Step-1.jpg

If you look to the left you will see a stoner, and if you look to the center you will see a girl recoiling in horror from said stoner. Is this how people see me? Some creepy lowlife who's going nowhere in life? Yeah, I'm a little insulted.
    Here's the step that the image corresponds to:

"Have your own life: If you tend to fall into the "friend zone", this will be especially important. Real girls (girls with a strong sense of purpose and self-worth) don't like guys who have no lives, and who cling to them like plastic wrap. Some girls do like that, but for all the wrong reasons—–either they're insecure and needy for attention, or they're control freaks who have a need for dominating guys. Unless you want to sign up for either of those scenarios, focus filling your time with your own friendships, interest, hobbies and goals."

So, apparently I have no life and cling to girls like plastic wrap. I may be really hung up on a certain someone, but I'm not 'clingy,' and I have a fucking life. I have friends, I have my own goals, hopes, and dreams and this pisses me off so fucking much. I was already having a pretty shitty day, but this is just ridiculous.

Or, maybe that is me and the truth hurts. Either way I lose.

2. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

The Internet is rife with people who don't have a clue what they're talking about and yet love to give advice.

3. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

You being only 17 is far too early to claim you'll be "forever alone". Now me being at 25 and at the same position as you still, I think I can probably claim that title. :p

But I understand your frustration at seeing so many couples in high-school, in real life and in fiction like movies and TV shows. I'll bet you aren't the only single person though, even though you feel like it. But of course, you don't advertise the fact that you are single right? Its not exactly something to be proud of, so I bet the other ones at your high school in your shoes hide it as best as they can. So many of us hide behind a mask in front of the world.

But you'll find so many chances in the years ahead. I don't stand a chance in hell, but you still have hope. Maybe you can start a new life after high-school, with a new life-stage like college/university or something else. :)

I know you probably feel like the only alone person in your high-school, where you'll see couples galore. But there's so many of us years if not decades older than you that wish we were still 17 and single. It looks a lot better than being a 25+ single, virgin. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
  4. ExtraSoap

Well yeah I know it's a bit early to jump to conclusions (same goes for you), but I'm more concerned with the resemblance of me to the guy in that pic. I swear to god if I dressed like that it would look exactly like me, minus the lazy eye and joint in my mouth. I'm also concerned with that girls reaction to the guy. Is that how girls look at kids who smoke weed?

5. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

I'm not sure how anyone on this site could answer questions about what you look like/appear to others. I highly doubt that you resemble an anime character and anyways if that cartoon was made in Japan/Asia then it's a completely different culture with a much more conservative value system and things like smoking cigarettes and being dark tend not to go over well.

If you're really that paranoid about it then perhaps it's time to cut back?

6. ExtraSoap

I didn't mean that I look like an anime character, but the somewhat unkempt hair, overall demeanor, and goofy grin kinda looks like me. Yeah maybe I'm just being a little too sensitive about this, I had a REALLY shitty day yesterday so I was pretty wound up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.