Is this insanity or normality?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by the_me_that_you_know, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thinking. Always thinking. It never stops. I can't stop it. This thought though is the problem. It appears without warning. It beckons: Kill me. Today my nervous habit of talkin to myself in public had me mouthing those words in public. A car sped in front of me & I wish I had thrown myself in front of it. As soon as I saw the car I thought that I deserve a painful death. I thought about how I have never known true agony, and how I think I should. I think these thoughts are not normal because I believe that I am insane & I deserve to die.

2. mykindofpain

mykindofpain Guest

its not normal. but its normal for me. ask away. I have been like this for so long its sick. I can't even get gas.

3. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Insanity (and sanity) is a pretty nebulous concept. isn't it? I don't know if anyone is sane. Who defines it? Who sets the standards of sanity?

4. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Well normal is a pretty relative term, I don't think there's a set definition for it. But I'm sure you could find the definition for sanity/insanity in a psychologist's manual somewhere. Still, the general concensus(not everyone sees it this way) is that you should want to live so any desire to end your life would probably be seen as unhealthy in the eyes of the majority.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.