Is this just a phase?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Fule, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fule

Fule New Member

I came here to post this because it's becoming worse. I don't know if it's just my hormones or if its something more serious.

Lately i become self-conscious of everything i do, everything i say. I am always say to myself "why did i say that" or "why didn't i say that". I sometimes say what i didn't what to say, or mispronounce it, and i usually just stop talking there.

I am constantly trying to fit in with people at my school but i am starting to realize i am different from them and i feel constant loneliness.

I feel like i have a bright future and decent/above average grades, but i can't shake the feeling that I'm an idiot and an imbecile.

2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

why do you think you're different hun?

3. Fule

Fule New Member

It just seems as if everyone is so much more social than me, an example is one of the guys i hang out with is always talking with everyone else, is friends with everyone. I really can't go out and talk to other people because i get nervous, or don't know what to say.

4. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

Try to talk to that guy you hang out with. Maybe he will rub off on you, and give you more confidence. I know that I was shy, until I started hanging out with some very outgoing and social people.

5. Fule

Fule New Member

The thing is i don't like him that much :/. I just hang out w/ him because there's no one else.

6. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

well, i'm not so sure how i can help you much in this situation but i definately wanted to make sure to tell you :welcome: to sf. we're glad you're here. please take care

7. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Realize that everyone makes mistakes, even little ones like mispronunciations.

Next, realize that the mistakes you make bear no more consequence than the mistakes anyone else makes. Any difference you feel between the two is a difference that you are imposing on yourself.

As for making friends, I don't have any advice, as I am still socially crippled by severe anxiety and shyness myself. I thankfully have a small circle of very close friends that I made during high school, before I lost myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.