Is this normal???

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by depressedGirl, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. depressedGirl

depressedGirl Well-Known Member

First of all this is hard...

I am always depressed. Been diagnosed with it, been on and off antidepressants and therapy. I am never positive about anything. I am convinced everyone hates me and all the other depressing signs.

The point is last Sunday I actually felt weird. Not my usual depressed self. I suppose you could say it was a bonus but it wasn't to me. It creeped me out. Especially for 4 years I have been depressed and never felt happy in those 4 years.

I felt like I was buzzing. I had no caffeine, no alcohol or no drugs of any kind. I was just on my way to my mates waiting for the bus. Pointless when I felt like I could of ran there. I had so much energy that I just didn't know what to do with it. I walked all the way up the street and onto the bus. I had to walk.

Anyway on the bus I couldn't keep still. When I got off the bus which stopped outside and I had to walk just up one more street I ran all the way there. Even when I got in my mate was surprised how hyped up I sounded and was. She knows I am usually depressed and not got much energy but that night I was hyperactive.

I know you are going to wonder what I am wringing at but it just really creeped me out. I have somedays when I am ok. However this is the first time I have felt like this. I managed to get some sleep and calm down in the end but can you tell me if this is normal? Should I tell my doctor about this.

sorry I am being a pain. I just wondered. It's only happened the once but it has been creeping me out.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

were you medications adjusted at recently that could be the reason for the change in energy levels It does feel so strange when you actually have a day you feel so much life i hope you have more of those days. I do think you should talk to your doctor though let know what happen so he or she can be kept in the loop of how you are doing. hugs to you

3. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Hi Della,

I would tell your counsellor about it...simply to use it as a marker. It's a belief of mine that part of the reason depression is so hard to get rid of is that we become comfortable with it, we become used to it. This makes recovery and the unusual feelings associated with it - frightening.

Don't be.

It's odd and weird and strange but just use it as proof that YOU CAN DO IT! :D - and don't be shy about telling people about it.

PM me if you wanna talk about this more,

Much love,
    Chris

4. depressedGirl

depressedGirl Well-Known Member

Thats the thing. Nothing changed. I just felt like I was buzzing or high. I hadn't even taken nothing and I still felt this way. The freaky thing was I felt like I could do anything. Even things I know I can't do (fly etc) I am afraid if I go to the doctors they will say I have gone mental. I hoped it wouldn't be such a big deal. It only happened once. But I guess I'll have to tell the doctor.

5. solutions

solutions Well-Known Member

It's not uncommon for those with depression to experience manic depression-like symptoms every now and then. That could just be it.

Still, might as well mention it to your pdoc. If it happens again, your pdoc's gonna be like "HUH" and try to rule out manic depression.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.