Is This Passive?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by fromthatshow, Dec 11, 2010.

1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Is it passive to say nothing when you're really upset, but know that you're wrong? I am upset about something going on with my brother, but I actually think I am wrong, and unfairly upset. I acknowledge that I am upset and I can't change that. What I'm wondering is if it makes more sense to express my feelings, even though I am in the wrong, or if it that would be unfair to my brother?

So essentially... is it always good to express feelings no matter what the situation, rightly or wrongly, because if you don't resentment always comes? Or are there some situations where you set your feelings aside for awhile and resentment actually does go away?
  2. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

The resentment will not go away.
    If you know that you are in the wrong(considering your own inherent bias to view everything thing you do as being in the right),then chances are your brother and the world and it's mother will know you have been in the wrong too.

I would say express your feelings,open a discourse,for you may be coming across as an extremely self excusing individual who's only concern is looking good amongst the damage they cause.

If you carry on acting as though you have nothing to acknowledge then someone may take it upon themselves to teach you a lesson.

I have witnessed this type of situation play out in public recently and the perpetrator of the selfish wrongdoing was put in check by someone who skillfully tore her a new one.

Express,express,express,or you will be forced to swallow what is eating away at your conscience.Be good to yourself. :)

Don't be a :sparkle: ;)
  3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

:laugh: thanks no money.
    I should probably get on that. I avoided it all afternoon and ended up just not saying much and turning passive aggressive. Not good.
  4. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

Most of the advice i give out is wrong.
    Good luck. :)