Is this really how humanity looks at us as.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Young suicider, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

OK so depressed people go to a Pyschologist for help.

Well do you not just wonder why they would consider us PYSCHO(logist)?

I mean is that how they view us?

I mean when I think of Pyscho I think of a person running around naked,snorting crack,and said God told them to.

2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

No. "Psycho" comes from the word "psyche" which is used to describe the state of mind and thought. "Psycho-" is just the err...like a root word to describe something related to the psyche. So Psychologists are doctors who study the psyche. And "psycho" when it's used as short form for psychotic, it's just a word describing a psychological condition that's perceived as unusual. :nerd:

Or something.

3. boo

boo Well-Known Member

The word psychology originated from the two greek (latin) words, "Psyche", meaning mind or soul and "Ology", meaning study of.
    Psychopath.... come from the latin word "Path-e", meaning suffering. Thus meaning "suffering mind".

Mmmm that's not good, that makes me a psychopath...:eek:hmy:

I think the politicaly correct term to describe someone like us is "person with mental illness"

A person running around naked,snorting crack,and said God told them to is called an "Exhibitionist crackhead zealot" or Steve-O

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2010
  4. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Personally, I find the word emo more derogatory.

5. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

:dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry:

6. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I find it greatly offensive. I wouldn't be surprised if my 'friends' would call me that if they knew how I felt...

7. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

How do we perceive ourselves and the role we are meant to play in this life?

Dear Friends – does it really matter all that much how other people consider those who are struggling with coming to terms with their earthly existence? Is it not much more important how we perceive ourselves, the role we are meant to play in this life, the world around us and all those in it?

In my view, there is nothing wrong with humankind. God designed us to be exactly the way we are. We are not some kind of messy random appearance or cosmic joke. We have been carefully placed in this life so that we may learn to love, appreciate and accept ourselves, just the way we are, because that is the way our Mother-Father loves us and wants us to be. The seed of perfection is within each one of us. As Cicero, 106-43 BC, wrote: ‘Human beings were created to contemplate and reflect the Universe. They are not themselves this great perfection, but they are particles of this perfection.’ To help us bring forth this perfection from within, all that is required from us it acting in kind and loving ways and giving of our best in all situations. Through our constant striving the Christ spirit shines ever more strongly from the very core of our being into the outer self, until it has finally taken over our whole being and we have become a Christed one in our own right.

To me, one thing is sure and that is that our life and all life is something much more beautiful and profound, as well as a great deal less complicated than any of us could ever have thought possible. Where does one start to explain? Best of all probably through an affirmation that the core of all being, including humankind’s, is spirit. We are here to find a new understanding of ourselves and to re-discover that first and foremost we are spirit. Over many lifetimes, each one of us has learnt and grown through gathering their own experiences of life in physicality. Through this, each individual and also our world developed a soul. Our own soul is part of the soul of our world and this in turn is part of the soul of the whole of Creation.

Source

With love and light,
    Aquarius​

8. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I hear the word get thrown around all the time at All Poetry...a site for poets none the less. It's aggravating, to say the least (as if poets are known for being happy or stable...).

"does it really matter all that much how other people consider those who are struggling with coming to terms with their earthly existence?"

If it causes them suffering of any kind, then yes. The stigma can prevent them from getting the help they need. I hope I'm making sense, my brain's kind of...weird right now.

I won't argue with your beliefs though, there wouldn't be any point to doing that.

9. Theseus

Theseus Well-Known Member

Eh. I'm used to it. I have a pretty thick skin and I can throw abuse pretty comfortably if I am called names.

10. Aquarius123

Regarding the hurling of abuse, I would like to draw your attention to the following: What a long time it has taken, until it is finally possible to grasp the esoteric meaning of messages like the one contained in Matthew 5:18: ‘For truly I say to you, until Heaven and Earth pass away, not even a yoth or a dash shall pass away from the law, until all of it is fulfilled.’ A yoth is the smallest letter in the Aramaic and Hebrew language. To me, the above quote contains a warning that the Cosmic laws will be with us forever and until every last shred of the Karma we once created for ourselves in our ignorance of these laws, has been redeemed by us, we cannot release ourselves from the chains and shackles that tie us to life on the Earth plane.

To help us do this, learning to watch the words we speak and thus taking charge of our tongues is as vital an issue as any other. As early as the Old Testament the Bible warned in Proverbs 18:21: ‘Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and those who love it shall eat the fruits thereof.’ In ‘Spiritual Unfoldment 2’ White Eagle has this to say: ‘Keep control of your tongue, so that it says no unkind and hurtful thing; remember the feelings of those to whom you speak, and so speak gently and thoughtfully, without anger and without haste. And then, my dear children of the Earth, difficulties fall away, sorrow recedes into the background and you cannot help but become aware of the gentle presence of your Master.

‘We ask you to render a service to us and that is holding your tongue. This is one of the hardest tasks you can be asked to do. Oh, the mists that surround humankind that is caused by idle chatter. When there is so much of it on the Earth, even the Angels can to nothing but fold their wings and bow their heads, because they are then unable to minister to you.

‘Whenever you are tempted to say: ‘I think so and so; I believe so and so; I like this man; I don’t like the other…’ instead of speaking, be silent and wait and see. If you can also restrain yourself from expressing any foolish opinions about the affairs and the state of your world you will greatly assist the Angels in their work.’

Source

With love and light,
    Aquarius​

11. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I don't know what to say to this. Are you serious? :D

What is more idle, than doing what you've copy/pasted?

There is nothing idle in the chatter of people defending themselves or hurling abuse, in the way Theseus describes.

Rather than a mist, it can be illuminating, and a beam of bright light.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2010
  12. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Aquarius123: I really don't think you can convert anyone here.

13. shades

shades Staff Alumni

14. Aquarius123

Hm... Is that what you think? Even if you've written it yourself, the way I did?

With love - Aquarius​

15. Aquarius123

To what exactly do you think I'm trying to convert you, please?

With love - Aquarius​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.