Is this really Selfish

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Chernarus, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

Its getting harder and harder to control my mind and i was wondering if it would be selfish to off your self so you don't hurt people. My mind tells me to hurt people. I really don't want to hurt people id rather die then do that. I have tried help and it does not work i can not trust my therapist he asked if i talked to my caseworker about him and i said no and he said good. No one will give me a therapist a new one so i guess if you all don't answer this i will have to ask a priest or some one who i can trust. I am coming here first because some people here offer the best advice.
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

None of us see suicide as selfish when we are so close to the edge. But from reading your thread, I dont think you really want that as a solution to your problem. It sounds like you already have some sort of an answer in that you know you need a different therapist. You know there are still solutions out there. You just need a little help finding the right person that can help you find a the answers.

Maybe instead of asking the priest if it is selfish ( I got a funny feeling he is going to say yes and drown you in all the religious reasons as to why, probably only making you then feel pretty guilty), maybe talk to him about what is going on with you. You might be amazed at the resources he might have to share with you.

Personally I dont think it is selfish. But only if you are certain you have done all you can to change your situation. If there is even one other solution you could of taken, then yes it is selfish because you have cheated yourself out of trying as hard as you could.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.