Is this ridiculous?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Cariad_Bach, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cariad_Bach

Cariad_Bach Staff Alumni

I've known that I have really high highs and really low lows for ages, and I knew that recently they were getting worse.

A couple of times my family have asked me whether there's any chance I might be bipolar and I've always said no way - its just depression. I was terrified if I spoke to the GP about it that they would think I was making it up, or attention seeking, and wouldn't take me seriously.

So I wrote down all the 'unusual' behaviours I have been exhibiting and took them to my GP. A lot of them do fall under the bipolar definition, but I really thought it was just me being melodramatic or something.

Now my GP has put me on an atypical antipsychotic and wants to see me again in another two weeks and is pushing for an urgent psychiatric appointment.

But I still kind of feel like it can't be that; I'm not bad enough for it to be that, and I shouldn't take the meds because really my GP must be mistaken.

So I've gone from being scared that I wouldn't be taken seriously, to being scared that actually I'm making a fuss over nothing.

Thats ridiculous, right? I'm so confused...
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No hun you are not being ridiculous you are confused frightened may but not riduculous I am glad you gp has set up appt with pdoc that way you will get some definite answers hun Take the meds as prescribed okay see if they do help you and let you doc know if you have any problems hugs
  3. SarahForgot

SarahForgot Member

You have every right to be confused. Just try and relax yourself. Go to the appointment. You'll be okay.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.