Is this self-harm?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by broke, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broke

broke Well-Known Member

I don't cut, but I get mad and punch very hard things until my fists bleed and my knuckles are raw. I have a violent temper that I have learned to not take out on other people, but objects are another story. I never cut, but long ago I would burn myself in ritualistic fashion to create what I thought was body art through the scarring. As a result, my arms are scarred up, though since then I have gotten some tats to intertwine with the scars so it does look like body art. I have also taken jobs which put me at great risk and which I have suffered injuries from (jobs in which I was able to channel that violent temper). I guess I am saying I could have a history of this, but am not sure if it qualifies.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yes hun it is definetly self harm I hope in time hun you can get help to channel that anger in a safe way hugs
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

definitively self harm...there are many ways to do it as some you have mentioned. I have a tendency to cut my nails' cuticle but I clip till I bleed...haven't done it in a while but that is one way I used to do it...but some burn themselves, some cut, some rip their hair out...
  4. broke

broke Well-Known Member

Thank you for the replies. I think I need to get a punching bag. I (truly) accidently tore one of my nails down to the cuticle recently, and honestly I would rather be stabbed than go through that again. Its not the intensity of the pain, but the nature of it. ugh. Hope you guys are doing alright. :)
  5. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Yes that is a form self harm, please let people know you self harm so you seek the appropriate assistance.
  6. Inferior

Inferior Member

i did this recently until my hands were covered in blood, fractured 5 bones and caused nerve damage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.