• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Is this silly to be this upset?

HappyKitty

•✮• SF's pet kitty •✮•
Ok I’m embarrassed but.. I’m going crazy worrying about my weight ya’ll. My mum was teasing me and that got me to be so hurtful all over it like I’m still crying about it. The longest I’ve ever cried like its worse than when I was crying over my aunts dead body. I’m trying to be strong about it but.... It reminds me back of how I somehow got that eating disorders in the past with depression, at those darkest time and I feel like I should get back there because what she insult me is true! Its ridiculous but I feel so hurt for what she did, ranting at me like its forever - everyday but today, she’s gone crossed the line. Doctors says I’m “healthy and manageable,” but she told me, “you’re fatter than everyone in this house.” (its true though)

God. KMN.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there sweet kitty, no its not silly to be upset about this. If you are happy with your weight and your doctors are too then try and ignore these silly immature comments. I know it can be upsetting, I have been fat shamed before - I get it. Its embarrassing and cruel. Some people cannot control their weight and no one should judge your weight especially those close to you. You're beautiful - the insult is NOT true ❤

Just try and focus on something else and hopefully you will forget about it. Do some colouring?

No one should be upsetting my sweet kitty. :( *hug *hug

Lekatt

Love Cats Love All
SF Supporter
Ok I’m embarrassed but.. I’m going crazy worrying about my weight ya’ll. My mum was teasing me and that got me to be so hurtful all over it like I’m still crying about it. The longest I’ve ever cried like its worse than when I was crying over my aunts dead body. I’m trying to be strong about it but.... It reminds me back of how I somehow got that eating disorders in the past with depression, at those darkest time and I feel like I should get back there because what she insult me is true! Its ridiculous but I feel so hurt for what she did, ranting at me like its forever - everyday but today, she’s gone crossed the line. Doctors says I’m “healthy and manageable,” but she told me, “you’re fatter than everyone in this house.” (its true though)

God. KMN.
It is tough when others judge us on our weight or anything else. She is showing how fearful she is about your weight. She might even think she is helping you, but judging is no help at all. I believe the best way to handle a situation like this is to not fight back, don't get into arguments about it. Just listen then "Let It Go." Say as little as possible. Get some professional advice and try to work it out. I think she is running scared, and can't help herself. Be kind, be who you are. Everyone wins in the final.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
it isn't silly to be upset about this. weight problems either way can be extremely difficult to work with. if your doctor says it's ok then just say you'll listen to your doctor. if she continues and it bothers you tell your doctor so he/she can talk to her. if a family member or close friend does see a problem with someone they should be supportive and offer help but never push, i hope you can feel better soon. and i agree with @BlackOpium that nobody should pick on our sweet kitty...mike..*hug*brohug*shake

Nick the Fantastical Duck

☆☆Ducking Fantastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thanks 😺 i dont know who to reach out for but i feel like i want to sh.i wish i can.
So we've talked before about how your Mom doesn't always have the best advice. This is again one of those times. Don't listen to her. Listen to the doctors and the people who are telling you that you're good the way you are. Your mom doesn't sound like a very happy woman. Like maybe she is picking on you, because she is very unhappy. How about you find something else to do to feel better instead of SH? Find a distraction. I know that sounds dumb, but sometimes it works for me.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$255.00