• Hi - if you have tried to donate and found that it hasn't worked please can you hit me up in PM? (Freya) I am trying to figure out with paypal what the issue is and they are asking for more data. It doesn't seem to be affecting everyone. Thank you so much :)
  • The SF mobile app is available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. It will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you receive a private message, etc. Chat is not accessible on the app as it conflicts with the software on the site. The links to download are in the resources area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

Is this site slow to others or just me?

Sea Sparkles

The forum and it's pages load very slowly for me on desktop (firefox win 7); and crashes quite often. There are times I can't click on pages. I realized the site was just recently updated; and so I wasn't sure if this was just a hiccup that is being worked through, or something purely on my end? It's intermentally slow for me and than has periods it's working.

HumanExMachina

I/O
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
The forum and it's pages load very slowly for me on desktop (firefox win 7); and crashes quite often. There are times I can't click on pages. I realized the site was just recently updated; and so I wasn't sure if this was just a hiccup that is being worked through, or something purely on my end? It's intermentally slow for me and than has periods it's working.
Try updating your FF to the latest version, if it isn't already.

Sea Sparkles

Right now the site is going pretty darn smooth. If it matters; it happened mainly between 12am - 2am EST time, it would lag so badly, trying to click on items, it would log-off. Maybe that's when the site's backup is?

Sea Sparkles

3:10 EST - 3:25 EST PM

The connection has timed out

The server at www.suicideforum.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I try to reply to something and load bar just tries to load until times out.

Nick

SF Employee of the Month
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I have found it runs better on chrome. My connection where I am right now is horrible, so I've been getting the connection error a lot. I do not typically get that message at home. Not sure that helps answer your question or not.

Freya

Loves SF
Staff member
Forum Owner
ADMIN
SF Author
I tossed the site through a bunch of tools - essentially if you run the site in a modern browser without extensions of any kind it runs pretty darned quickly. Firefox is always tricky on speed compared with Chrome and (controversially) even Edge when I throw sites through diagnostics. There is a chron run that slows things down for about 10 minutes at ~18:00 GMT but nothing that is going on for two hours at all. If you are running an old browser version, I recommend updating and ditching any extensions you are not actively using. That said, I have not had any speed issues myself (and I am extremely sensitive to the point of paranoia about them!)

Sea Sparkles

I am running on firefox Quantum (which is the up-to-date version); and don't run any extensions. It runs pretty darn quick 80% of the time for me, and than randomly lags to the point firefox times out. As I said above, during the same timeframe, I'll run it on safari, and it'll tell me that it can't connect to the website. However, I'm connecting just find to other sites.

ShyGuy

This happens to me all the time it takes like 10 minutes to load a site or to post a reply and my friend keeps saying "Strange" to me over and over saying that this site is loading perfectly fine to him, but for me I always have a very hard time loading this site and I assumed this is just a slow site with severely slow servers and server issues but maybe its some kind of issue on my end. But it goes slow and doesn't load sometimes on all of my browsers.

Nick

SF Employee of the Month
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
This happens to me all the time it takes like 10 minutes to load a site or to post a reply and my friend keeps saying "Strange" to me over and over saying that this site is loading perfectly fine to him, but for me I always have a very hard time loading this site and I assumed this is just a slow site with severely slow servers and server issues but maybe its some kind of issue on my end. But it goes slow and doesn't load sometimes on all of my browsers.
If you have it open in more than one place there tends to be connection issues. For instance more than one browser, tab, or device.

ShyGuy

If you have it open in more than one place there tends to be connection issues. For instance more than one browser, tab, or device.
Thanks. but nah I only had it open on one tab on one browser. Then my friend on discord keeps saying "Strange it loads okay with me" so I tried loading it on some other browsers tonight when the site was being slow, and it didn't load there either. (at this particular moment in time, the site is loading ok though. it was a slow earlier though but right now its ok.)

ShyGuy

yeah now it took me around a full hour for the site to finally load when I was trying to reply to a thread.

For some reason this website goes REALLY slow for me often. Again I linked it to someone else when it was going slow to me and they kept saying "Really?? It's loading fine to me." So maybe it only happens to me and perhaps a small selection of others. But yeah this website definetly goes very slow to me and gives me errors that the website server is taking too long to load often to me.

Kira

SF Arts & Crafts
Staff member
ADMIN
SF Supporter
But yeah this website definetly goes very slow to me and gives me errors that the website server is taking too long to load often to me.
Sorry about that but I've got no idea why that's happening. I'm currently on my android phone and everything is fine for me. I've been on and off for the last few hours and haven't had any issues.
I know that doesn't help you but the site is running fine for me.
Sometimes it can be a little slow with things but that's usually on my end involving my Internet reception - via a tower.
I hope things improve for you @ShyGuy

Auri

Who am I?
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
The site isn't exactly slow to me, but it crashes aaall the time. Posting an emoji in chat is a particular huge struggle, it takes 10 minutes for me to reply sometimes :p Maybe it is a firefox issue... It's always been like this for me, now I got used to refreshing it every few minutes, sometimes even closing my browser. I noticed it's much more annoying at "busy" hours, like GMT evenings, not in the mornings.

Auri

Who am I?
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I've just switched to Google Chrome. Let me tell you... it changed my SF life. The site is running like a clock and it has not crashed once in 5 minutes, it's a miracle *stars

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00