Is this too much to ask?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by nicesinging1, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

It may sound hard to believe as you read my post. But I consider myself pretty patient person. At least that is how I was able to survive through hell for the last 10 yrs despite one torture after another.
    When this war against severe depression and trauma started 10 yrs ago, I said to myself, "Life is not paradise. I expect turbulences/obstacles but I will be able to overcome them. This severe depression/trauma is horrendously painful. But I will overcome it within 10 yrs."
    10 yrs just passed in New Year's and I am still struggling mightily. Despite bone-grinding efforts and tenacious willpower, I am still suffering horribly from depression. Years of therapy and meds only had limited success.
    Is this life really worth it? How can anyone endure this kind of life? All I want is life of obstacles/challenges I can handle and manage.
    Is that too much to ask? Am I being unreasonable person?
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

:hug: It isn't too much to ask at all. Wish I could help you find what you need.
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It isn't too much for anyone to ask. I think we would all be better if we were only given what we could handle. For some reason, it doesn't work that way. And some people can deal with more than others. I hope you get what you ask for hank.
  4. SweetVitriol

SweetVitriol Antiquitie's Friend

I so wish that I could give you the answers..To endure 10 years must of taken so much of you..
    You spoke to me in the chatroom whilst I was in my darkest hour and you eased my pain...I only wish I could do the same for you..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.