Is this worth fighting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meander

I'd like to ask you all a question. Not the most original question, but one that I would aprecciate an answer to. Why are you here, on this forum? Not the basic reasonning that you are suicidal and are seeking help, but the singular thing that drives your desire for help. Why are you here? The reason I ask is that... I've forgotten. My being here, typing this very message, makes no sense to me. It's almost happenning on its own. I'm lost and drowning in my own emotions. If this keeps up I may break. I need something to help me calm down until the haze clears. So please. Tell me. It's good for you to know too.

Allo..

Why am i here? I joined SF because my friend was depressed and he joined, one afternoon he told me he had posted on here and was a bit scared about what he wrote and after a little while he told me what the site was and i thought id join.. I do have my own problems a few times if said whats happening.. but im more here to help others than anything else.

So if you want someone to talk to, im here. Take care, Ally x

claycad

I'm here out of boredom mostly. I suppose in my own way I try to help, although most might not agree with my own advice. I am also here because misery loves company. It's nice to know I am not the only person in this world considering suicide.

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I'm here because it's the only safe haven I have that's always available. My Pdoc is only by appt, my meds run out sometimes when I can't afford them, my family(some of them) doesn't want to hear about it any more, and I need a place to go when I feel the urge to kill myself. This place is always available to me - except when my computer or internet fails me - and I feel safe here. I HAVE to have a place to go to dispel the self-destructive desire when it hits cause to do so would do damage to my kids, for all that they hate me, and I don't want to go thru eternity weighed down by guilt over the damage done by my unscheduled demise.

I too am lost and drowning in my own feelings and I've already 'broken' more times than I can count, just not visible breakage on the psychiatric horizon - that is, I've never been committed for it. I just stuff it all down my 'memory hole' but it doesn't burn and so will resurface eventually. Ugh. Maybe a 'psychiatric paper shredder' would be better than the hole without fire for getting rid of memories and guilt.

least able to forget the bad things

I'd like to ask you all a question. Not the most original question, but one that I would aprecciate an answer to. Why are you here, on this forum? Not the basic reasonning that you are suicidal and are seeking help, but the singular thing that drives your desire for help. Why are you here? The reason I ask is that... I've forgotten. My being here, typing this very message, makes no sense to me. It's almost happenning on its own. I'm lost and drowning in my own emotions. If this keeps up I may break. I need something to help me calm down until the haze clears. So please. Tell me. It's good for you to know too.

I'm here becuz I have no one to talk to... Well what I really mean is... I don't have anyone I can just talk to without feeling judged... I can't talk to my family becuz they will just take away everything from me... They get really paranoid If I even mention suicide.....

Also I like to know that I am not alone... It's good to know there are other ppl, real ppl, who feel what I feel....

There might be more reasons... I don't really know about yet...

Well........ blah

I'm here because I feel a lot better knowing I have somewhere to go where I can feel safe, and talk to people who are going through the same things if the urge to take my life overcomes me again. Also, if I can offer any advice, or just an empathetic ear and a hug to someone else in need, I'm always more than happy to oblige.

LetItGo

Staff Alumni
Im here because I dont have anyone to talk too either. In terms of my story...my parents have heard it all before, its kind of tedious treading the same ground day after day.

Im also hoping I might make some worthwhile connections with people through these forums, hey who knows maybe see in RL at some point.

eih

ehh one day I was looking up suicide on the internet.. I dunno why.. just to make sure I'm not the only one in the whole world like this.. and I wanted to talk to someone instead of just reading an article.. I decided againts joining at first.. then one day I need advise.. came here again some reason.. and now I'm here :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00