Is this wrong?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by HomerSimpson, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

I have been depressed and suicidal for years, and it is only getting worse. Two years ago I met friend who is a woman, and she is the only thing that makes me happy. When I am around her she makes me feel so good about myself, and all we are is friends. I always look forward to seeing her, and talking with her. Now is this wrong? Is it wrong to rely on someone like that? I mean is it not okay to find that one thing in life that helps you make it through the day?
  2. It truly is wonderful to find someone like that - however - think of it as a blessing, and not the first, last, and only miracle in your life. Not only does the latter make you vulnerable, it also places a terrible and unfair burden upon someone else. A burden that no one can, nor should be expected to live up to carrying. Perhaps see this encounter as an opportunity to expand you horizons, knowing that such people DO exist. :smile:

(and I hope you're seeking out other avenues of professional help for yourself as well)
  3. minion

minion Well-Known Member

Friends are really neat to have when you are not feeling your best. I have people that I go to when I'm down and lonely. They know this, and simply are there when I need a friend.
  4. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

It's ok. I think many people have a special friend like that. I do anyways...

I don't see anything wrong with it :hug:

Just make sure you don't take her for granted
  5. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think to have friends like that is truly a blessing! I am grateful for the good friends I have, I'd be lost without them.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I dont see anything wrong with it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.