Is unreality my reality?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by HalfBlind, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HalfBlind

HalfBlind Active Member

The past few days I've had this fear that everything around me isn't real. Like I'm the only thing that's left of the universe. I'm starting to belive it, I've been looking for proof of true existance but all I've come up with are more reasons to be in doubt. I once read somewhere that it's chinese philosophy that life is preparation for spending the rest of eternity alone... I'm starting to think I'm dead. Is this heaven, hell, or some kind of horrible waiting room for something else? Or am I just being paranoid (again)?

2. A Box of Chocolates

A Box of Chocolates Active Member

Dude my reality is fucked because of this
    \

:'|

3. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

two words......CHEMICAL IMBALANCE! I experienced what you felt a few months ago.

4. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

don't worry i've felt like this about 80 % of my life :laugh:

what is real, honestly. we live in a world where there are certain accepted unchallenged "realities" fed to us since birth. everything has come kind of agenda beneath it all.

i went to brighton, (a place by the sea here in the UK) and i felt like i was in about 5 different worlds at once.

this could be a waiting room who knows.

when you mean you've been searching for true existence, where have you been looking outside, inside or both inside or outside yourself? do you feel your environment and the people in it are unreal so you doubt your own self in this weird unreal reality?

i generally felt at times like you to distance myself from places and people who make me doubt my existence or try and kill me off in ways. maybe you feel killed off?

5. HalfBlind

HalfBlind Active Member

I guess I've looked both inside and outside, and checked that thin lining that separates the two. I don't know if it's still there or if it ever was there. With that in mind, I feel like an object, no different from the useless shit people always gather in armies to the mall for... but people kill and die for excess don't they? This belief is getting stronger in me everyday, I'm starting to see people not as living things, but as objects, like the cars, jewelry, and everthing else they seem to love so much.

Thanks, it's nice to know that someone understands. Most the people I tell about this usually reply with "dat's jus stupid, you need to stop thinkin so much" Brilliant, huh?

6. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

I don't think you are just being paranoid. I have been feeling the same way. People are acting strange to me, and I don't understand what is going on. I think that there is the possibility that we can influence our reality. So if you want to believe that this is heaven you can make it heaven. It's about belief.
    What I don't think is that anyone deserves to spend an eternity alone. Honestly, I have no idea what is going on but I am starting to believe that the best thing to do in times of fear is to face the music with a clear mind and remember there is a such thing as proof and if we can prove the truth than we can figure out whether or not we're in heaven, hell, or even here at all.

7. bb564

bb564 Guest

This post gave me a total headfuck, I feel really cold all of a sudden, even though I don't really believe it. So you must feel 10x worse. Do you have anyone outside of the internet you could talk to? I think a long chat,with someone would help you, you just need company, your mind seems to be wandering.

Try and think about it this way: We will never know why we are here, what happens next. Even if hell is waiting for us, we may aswell make the most of life on earth, rather than worrying about whats coming next, because when we do that we make life a living hell anyway. Your death is a long time away, until then, enjoy yourself.

You are being a bit paranoid but its understandable.

If you need to chat, feel free to pm me, or ask for my msn.

8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

We can only do the best we can. I've felt this way often too. Weird times we live in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.