ISIS -Islamic state of Iraq and Syria *may trigger*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am probabl;y going to post some hateful things, please understand that this is not my typical view, this was in the moment, as it happened. I will explain my view later on.

When I heard about the attacks in Paris, I felt numb, terror attacks are a despicable form, because they do just that. They invoke fear upon those ordinary citizens of a country.In the heat of the moment, my first thought after hearing "Syrian passport found, used to gain access through greece" was well bet the germans are kicking themselves now. Whats dificult in these times is that our hate gets misguided. My hate is aimed at Isis, not syrian refugees, not Syria, but those who have orchestrated attacks upon civilians. A song came to mind in light of these attacks by Linkin Park called Hands Held High. One line strikes so true. "When the rich wage war its the poor who die"

We as people have little choice in the way our countries move, yet is our people who pay most dearly. Not the politicians who sit safely in their iron towers. Our men, our women, our children and parents, our friends our neighbours. Our People.

I do not hate muslims, I do not hate christians. I hate extremists. I hate those who consider themselves above the rules of common decency. In every religion there will be extremists, yet it is that of Islam and muslims that we hear so much of. We do not hear of extremist chrisytians attacking places with suicide bombers... Perhaps because we airbrush our assaults. We declare it in retaliation to what was first wrought upon. France orchestrated a bombing of Raqqa in Syria. They declared no civilians were hurt... yet what do they deem to be a civilian?

We cannot keep living a life like this. We will forever be at war with one group or another. When one is oppressed another emerges, and then another. It will be a never ending cycle in this lifetime, and in many more to come.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
I am with you True-Lee. My dad was career military. My brother did two tours in VietNam. This is not the same country I grew up in. All politicians now seem to be liars. I trust none of them. And I do not think any refugees should be allowed in the country without complete vetting. This is true regardless of the religion. There is just too much risk. And we also have so many in need in this country already. We should take care of our own first.

flowers

Hi Great video posted. Thanks for posting it.
I personally think that darkness feeds off of fear and hatred. I think that, to the degree people respond with fear, hatred and division when there is another option is the degree that darkness wins. I would be terrified and very hurt and angry if I had been in Paris last week. If I had a loved one i knew was there. My heart broke for all the people there. For all the people effected days before in Beirut.

I believe darkness drives Isis. Darkness seeks to divide people. It seeks to bring out the worst in people. Arguments, suffering, isolation, Rejection. If it can create weakness, fear, hatred etc, it can feed. It thrives on fear. in all its forms.

There is a lot of fear going around. A lot of misinformation. With misinformation comes greater fear and division. There ARE reasons to be cautious. But there also are opportunities to open our hearts as perhaps we were never before called upon to do. Isis is terrifying. But if we close our hearts because of fear etc, then darkness again has won.

I think that each person has their own answer for how they see this. How they choose to respond. I want to be extra careful to make sure the information I am hearing and basing my decisions on, is correct. And not blown out of proportion or fabricated to promote fear based decisions. I also want to choose to responsibly open my heart and arms. Because THIS is the worst fear of the darkness that drives Isis. THIS is precisely what that darkness does not want. Darkness seeks to divide from our own heart. And divided among each other. Most of us get to choose. That is my thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zaheer

Account Closed
We vs them will always be there .. I gave up on human and human nature in 2002 which likes to always stay and belong to a group and hate others. It seems people will never be able to think in WE human terms .. unless alien comes to earth :P

I am not able to have a peaceful mind because of various things happening in this world .. so I better unsubscribe from this thread and block all other disturbing websites.

bhawk

How about we try to stop their life-blood. the oil they launder through turkey. Why are we still supporting "allies" who support them? And on that note, saudi arabia has had to advertise employment as executioners because their beheadings are soaring, the other day there was over 50! Yet no one makes a peep about the saudi's. In fact they have gone as far as to have a saudi diplomat on the UN council for HUMAN RIGHTS....you couldnt make this shit up!
Closing borders will not stop terrorism, they are an organised group with a lot of money which could easily smuggle people in and out of countries, closing the borders just stops victims fleeing them. I find it weird that people will block out those fleeing ISIS and even go as far as to treat them as terrorists when they are in a worse situation from us.
ISIS do not want to stop people fleeing them, mass influx of refugees and terrorist attacks, its all creating a climate of distrust, of religious hatred, xenophobia. Effectively disenfranchising all muslims in all countries, to the point they are pushed out and alienated and once this happens they become easy recruits. Recruits that were born and bred in the countries they will then attack, the countries that shunned them!
As a side note, its not very christian of america to only accept a few refugees. I thought christianity was to be about compassion?

Moat

Banned Member
I refuse to call ISIS by that name, because it implies they are an organised group that controls and governs their own region of territory. They are nothing but terrorists and deserve to be treated as such. Brainwashing children as young as five years old into believing IS cares more for them than their own parents and then telling the children to murder their own parents for being 'unbelievers'... Coupled with the kidnapping and murder of hundreds of thousands of innocent people who live in and around Syria and Iraq, who just want to live normal, peaceful lives as the Muslim religion is really all about (I have a cousin who converted to Muslim because he fell in love with a Muslim woman and now have two children, so I talk with him regularly on Muslim faith).
But that is not even going into the propaganda they are spreading through social media and the atacks in Paris, Canada and, most recently, Indonesia - in my view, they are not even Human beings and should be exterminated for their horrible actions - not just for the slaughter of countless people, but for the recent leak of documents that detail (shockingly!) how they believe that their 'faith' (IS faith, I should point out, not amuslim faith as a whole) is trafficking little girls as young as 6 and teenage girls, women in the twenties and thirties to sell as sex slaves... IS makes me sick and I for one support the Coalition of governments that are out to combat them and end their reign of terror.

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
I don't know about you all's history books, but all of the most dangerous and savage refugees in the history of modern civilization have almost always, if not always, been white Europeans.

Should we put a ban on all white people, as Donald Trump would say, "until we figure out what the heck is going on" or maybe even indefinitely?

This is the flaw of generalizing. Until YOU are the one being targeted, you think it's legitimate to invoke institutionalized spite and prejudice against entire demographics of people based on a very small number of troublemakers.

Moat

Banned Member
Reading all of these posts I am really starting to think that this thread should be deleted; people taking sides as to their opinions is going to lead to nothing but resentment and arguments that is just going to get out of control very quickly and destabilise the entire site.

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
If the story is true that the US aided known terror groups as allies against dictators in the first place, then ISIL and Al Qaeda and these other killers learned from the best....

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Reading all of these posts I am really starting to think that this thread should be deleted; people taking sides as to their opinions is going to lead to nothing but resentment and arguments that is just going to get out of control very quickly and destabilise the entire site.
I agree with this and am going to close this thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am certainly not saying anyone's opinion is more valid than the next, but I also don't think that the anger/bad feeling stirred up by the topic is for SF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00