ISLAM-- Is it wrong???

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Troubled2008, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troubled2008

Troubled2008 Well-Known Member

I've had drug and alcohol problems for almost as long as I can remember. But when I was in my early 20's, I felt an inner-connection to the Islamic faith. I think it is pretty safe to say that any Islamic person will be instantly branded as a "terrorist" in the Western world. But this could not be farther from the truth...

The Islamic faith is actually very similar in belief to Christianity although I don't expect many people reading this to believe that. If you really read about Islam, you will read about a great faith to God and also to your fellow man... Much like Christianity...

I guess I know that Islam is right for me... Because it DEMANDS my faith in God, and does not ASK it, as I feel Christianity does. I am an easily misled person and must have demands in my life to respond to.

Unfortunately, now, because of politicians, and not because of the nature of any particular religion, Islam has a bad name in the West. One of the reasons I am drawn to it is that it bans alcohol and I can see that alcohol has caused me nothing but absolute misery in my life. I have always believed in God... But this faith has gone away in the days that I have drank and also in the days that I tried to be a Christian!! I don't completely understand why this is.

Is Islam right for me? Probably so. I NEED that pressure... to not drink. To be a good person. Living in the West, though, I feel that I will be judged as a terrorist if I say I am interested in Islam. I have known and am friends with Islamic people... I am even friends with a person who claims that he is a bonified Palestianian. I do not seek violence. I learned from Christianity that the greatest gift is to treat others like Christ would..... Although I am not a Christian. I find that this is also good with the teachings of Buddism.

I once had a good relationship with God..... Now I don't. I always respond to pressure... Islam gives a person religious pressure... The NEED to be penetant to God. I in no way wish to be associated with the false ideas that Islamic people are violent or that I myself am violent...

But... Can learning about Islam cure my faithlessness and depression and such? I ask this of you.....
  2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

If it's right for you it's right for you. Not everyone in the West equates Islam with terrorism. Why not try?
  3. Troubled2008

I have always known it is right for me... but have come from a Christian family. I have always been a regular old, boring religious guy...... I don't want to have more problems because I live where I live. But I guess if I go at it slowly...... I guess many Americans know that Islam is not the face of evil. I feel my heart has always been with this inside.... because neither of my parents would ever admit their penetance to God although I could. It always made me very sad. I always felt like God deserved the most respect, more than people.
  4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

If you want to, go for it.

Wish I could believe in something. :(
  5. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

As wrong as any other religion.
  6. Troubled2008

Man, I'm telling you... I'm not sure why I saw this when I was younger....... but if you read English and are faithless... You should read about Islam. It isn't all fake like Christianity. The God of Islam demands faith and rewards it unlike Christianity where you beg forever when you're depressed and the gods make fun of you.

The God of Islam is true that He lives beyond years and sees. It is a true god, not a fake one like in Christianity!!! It's like an actual thing you can believe in!! Nice! :)
  7. Troubled2008

Give it the "college try!" :) There might be a real god out there somewhere!
  8. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I've read up on several religions. Tried to be a believer.

Too many obvious flaws with any religion I've seen. Too illogical for any real belief in it.
  9. Troubled2008

Me too. But if you look at the vast sky at night.. and see the stars millions of miles away.... You can then look at the plants and animals around you. When the Sun comes up... Isn't it so bright that you try to look away from it?

The thing that has always done it for me was at night... Of course, I could always see the Sun here.... But at night, I can see the many stars which I know are millions or billions of years away...... But you can see them. You can see how vast the Universe is, how vast the consciousness of God. Although you feel pain in this life, I feel if you keep trying to do the right thing..... You can eventually see the extremely vast power and gratiousness of the gods/God.....

The days and years of our lives may be one thing.... And maybe you do the right thing and are sad still.... But if you keep on believing and doing the right thing, I honestly believe that you will earn the highest place in Heaven where you will see that this world is but a test.

I honestly believe this. It is hard everyday for me too.
  10. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

This should be in soapbox!
  11. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I believe that all religeons are as valid as each other. They are all roads that are leading us to the same place. Because we all start from different places our journeys will take different roads but there is only one road that is correct for each person. The problem is that some people believe that the road they are on is the only road for everyone else as well. I have met good people from many different faiths and would never judge anyone else for their own personal beliefs.
  12. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

this is wrong. the god of the jewish faith, christianity AND islam is the same god.. that is the god of the old testament :blink:
  13. BlueWind

BlueWind Well-Known Member

Hey man, what can i say ... do whatever turns you on !!! ... just don't mess w/ other people's beliefs or say they are wrong b/c they too have the right to believe in what they think is right & wrong...

i personally can relate more to Buddhism (which isn't a religion but rather a philosophy) tho' i can't say i'm a practising buddhist...don't go to temples & stuff... was born a catholic btw...

Hey i just try to be as good as possible, without surrender tho' ... i don't turn the other cheek...

This is kinda what i believe about life, tho' to put it into practice & to understand it's esoteric meaning is the hard part:

The Centre of the Cyclone
    "The centre of the cyclone is that rising quiet central low-pressure place in which one can learn to live eternally.
    Just outside of this Centre is the rotating storm of one's own ego, competing with other egos in a furious high-velocity circular dance.
    As one leaves centre, the roar of rotating wind deafens one more and more as one joins this dance.
    One's centred thinking-feeling-being, one's own Satoris, are in the centre only, not outside.
    One's pushed-pulled driven states, one's anti-Satori modes of functioning, one's self-created hells, are outside the centre.
    In the centre of the cyclone one is off the wheel of Karma, of life, rising to join the Creators of the Universe, the Creators of us.
    Here we find that we have created Them who are Us."
    -- John C. Lilly
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
  14. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Well, Christianity also FORCES you to believe in god
    and it bans condoms... not sure about alcohol though...
    overall the main feeling i received from your words in that all you want is
    just to be someone ales, someone unique, because you probably think
    that if you will be the black sheep among the white sheep's surrounding you
    then you will get more attention...

anyways this is my analysis of your words...
  15. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

I think you're switching one dependence for another, but if it helps, then it helps.
  16. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

I was born into Hinduism and wanted to convert to ISlam after watching the movie "The messenger" on youtube. You might want to watch that movie to get some background on how islam started:

The movie and story of islam motivated me a lot to better myself in life. I was especially inspired by the battle of badr where 313 muslims defeat an army 3 times its size. It instilled a fighting spirit in me. Also the battle of Karbala where Ali's family is killed by Yazid's army.

But then I read the quran and I was not comfortable with some of the stuff in it. And there is some serious contradiction with regards to the shia and sunni sects. The heroes in sunni islam are villains of shia islam. Right now I'm researching Buddhism.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009
  17. Troubled2008

I agree.. I am really more about the Shinto and Buddhist stuff... But my life isn't peaceful. It's the opposite. So it's hard, sometimes, for me to just "be" peaceful. I hope someday, though, that I can just wake up and enjoy the day as a peaceful person... It has happened before..... and I have heard the saying: "It's never to late to be who you might have been."

I have actually been considering Satanism... I think maybe that is more for me. Because I believe in deities but none of them seem to really like me or respect me. Satan is historically the advocate of the lost, disillusioned, and the forgotten.
  18. Troubled2008

Well I will check out that movie tomorrow, or tonight, if I am awake enough. Like I said to the last respondant..... I believe in deities for sure but none of them seem to like me so I'm not really sure what the deal is. I have thought for many years that an evil spirit haunts me which might be one of those demons that hates my family. I'm not sure if I believe that or not but I certainly have plenty of evidence to support that belief.

Thanks, in any regard, for the suggestion.. I will check out the movie. I am considering Satanism, though.... Seems I can't fail there... All the other deities don't respect me and/or hate me. Fuck 'em.
  19. Shifter

Shifter Well-Known Member

one must consider their "place" to judge religion. it could all be lies, or one could be right, or all could be right. As humans we will never know....with the way things are,have been, and are going....stuff like this is why i chose agnosticism. personally, i don't care whats right or wrong about any religion. i accept the concept of god but i don't go any way. honestly i think all relgions are a path to god, but shouldn't cause us as human beings to fight each other
  20. Troubled2008

I agree with you, Shifter. I, actually, had a belief in something generic, I suppose, for many years... Under a time of great stress in 2004-05, I was also wondering about if I should be Christian since I had Christian friends and a Christian mother. I sought that path and my life got SO much worse, that I can't even explain it. I'm talking about TOTALLY worse.

I will NEVER ever tell someone to seek Christianity again. Some evil energy definitely came around me when I tried to do that. I now totally disbelieve Christianity I guess. Even though the child in me wants to believe it.

I think I should just make a religion where you worship money because that is obviously what makes the world go around.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.