Isn't it a killer..

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by darkrider, Jan 13, 2009.

1. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

When you see people happy and fulfilled.

and you think.. that should be me.

myspace, facebook, flickr, thank you very much.

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

You also should remember that many people who seem happy and fulfilled, may be miserable on the inside. You really only know how they feel when they open up and talk to you.

3. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

All 3 are 90% fluff, 10% reality. This Twitter craze is really quite something. Can't see the attraction in scripting your every move.

I just woke up
    I feed cat
    I farted
    Smelt good
    Had breakfast
    Milk is off

...and so it goes on.

Spam by any other name.

4. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

yeah look at me...woo! I hate those sites so pretentious.

5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Yeah I often get jealous when I see others happy.

6. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I become more sappy and mushy...like what the fuck? I'm sad now. But not angry.

7. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

yeah its killer, not exactly unbearable though, id just rather remember life before i cared about my dreams, i feel like im paying for everyone elses happiness

8. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Amen to that! :cool:

9. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

when i see all those people on there and their "i just farted"

i dont think they're happy at all.

i dont envy them, i pitty them
    their life is most likely sheltered, closed, and they are ignorant to all around them but themselves.

i would hate to have that exsistance. i much rather my current one and caring for people ty v much.

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I totally agree. Browsing those sites make me feel so depressed. Perfect lives:dry:

11. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Honestly, I wish them well.

I can't deal with misery, with injustice. I have trouble being on SF at the best of times. It can hurt.

12. sjdude

sjdude Member

Yeah, its annoying seeing people who appear so happy, especially if you are not (and I am not happy myself, pretty frequently). But some, if not many of these "beautiful people" only appear happy; they don't possess real happiness. I've known a few people who appeared very happy, but were miserable because they couldn't have a Mercedes like their rich(er) friends, and other similar petty, superficial crap. What a waste!

Time is your most precious possession, but one you must spend. How you spend it is up to you. Happiness is not a "zero sum game": just because others are happy doesn't mean you must be sad.

So if you still hate those sites and the people who post on them who appear so happy, take some pleasure in knowing they spent some time out of their life which they will never get back posting all of that meaningless crap. A few years from now, will those bits on the disk drive even exist? Certainly won't 100 years from now. So who the eff cares? Not me.

Rock on.

13. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi mate. I have a facebook thing although I don't add much to it. If you were to read it you would never guess how I actually feel. That kind of stuff only gets put here on sf. I think most facebook sites are probably a bit like that. Even if you saw me on the street you would probably not be able to see beyond the mask I wear unless you were really observant and most people aren't.:smile: