Isn't it Ironic

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Curly Fries, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curly Fries

Curly Fries New Member

I'm a clean freak, yet I have not been motivated to get off the bed and do any cleaning for days.
    I'm an extremely active person, yet I have not been motivated to get off the bed and do any exercise for weeks.
    I'm a huge fan of food, yet I have not been motivated to chew or swallow in months.
    I'm a very experienced World traveller, yet I have not been motivated to explore any of the places I've visited in years.
    I'm an outdoors person, yet I'm too pertrified to leave the house.
    I do not like watching TV or movies, or trawling the Internet, yet I waste entire weeks watching hours upon hours of shows I have no interest in, nor do I remember anything significant of any of the shows I watch, or any of the Internet sites I've visited.
    I'm easily overwhelmed by how much there is to do in a day, yet I continue to cram my schedule full of so many hours of tasks, that is not humanly possible to complete.
    I yearn for a fulfilling social life, yet I turn down all offers to go anywhere and do anything.
    My job involves teaching clients with anxiety, depression, and low self-esteem how to feel good about themselves, yet I cry into my pillow every night cursing my existance and questioning my purpose on this Earth.

Isn't it Ironic

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Even us professionals get depression hun and need to reach out for support for ourselves ok I do hope you reach out to get support you need to pull yourself out of the depression you are in

3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome, to the forum. Depression is tough but trust me you have found a place I would call " Sanctuary".

4. Kobosis

Kobosis Member

Depression is a very hard thing to deal with.
    You're not alone and welcome to the forms.

5. Meohmom

Meohmom New Member

Wow. It's feels so weird to read someone else's words that describe how I feel inside. I too, work with with individuals with MI and find myself struggling to get through the day. All I can think about is how hard I have worked to get where I wanna be( just like momma said) only to have life blow up in my face. I'm a mobile employee so I work from home and travel frequently to appointments. For some this would be lonely but I let my mind wonders and shed my tears without
    Judgement. No one ever told me going to college, working hard, marrying your childhood sweetheart, praying, and giving 150 percent every time, may not turn out the way I wanted.

6. rosi

rosi Member

Im sorry, but illness dont chose who to attack. I dont know is you are fem or male and your age, im thinking in hormones. Best wishes

7. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Depression is tough but you have come to forum where you will find some wonderful support through your tough time.

8. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

forum should help alter those fears. welcome..

9. arturvma

arturvma Active Member

I think it is not ironic.
    You need to conect to the people you work with. Going through similar problems will make you understand them, and prepare you to reach out for them.

For instance, I think I can understand how you feel. I am also an outdoor person. I love to travel, to speak different languages, to make friends and to practive radial sports. But I am struggling to go to the movies with my brother today. I lost 4 kg in the last 7 days because I just do not feel hungry.
    This morning I literally shove half a banana down my throat, because I am desperate not to lose more weight. I wanted to eat the whole banana, but I couldn't, so I ate as much as I could.

Hope you find the support you are looking for, and hope you don't mind sharing with us your bad experiences. I am sure it can be useful to many of us.
    Welcome! :watermelon:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.