Isn't it sad...

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Passion, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Passion

Passion Well-Known Member

How we have to ask other people if what happened to us was, in fact, rape?
    I feel like, its, I don't know the word for it,
    it seems like most the posts in this forum are "is this rape?"
    and I know I for one, had to ask others if I was really raped, and when I look back I see how it was obvious, but I was so traumatized my brain couldnt function. maybe this is why most rapes go unreported.
    it was just a thought,
    and it makes me sad that we actually get so traumatized that we cant even figure out if what happened to us was really rape.
  2. ari

ari Staff Alumni

I also think it is part of the denial process that each person goes don't really want to believe that something that aweful happened to you. I know even without a shadow of a doubt of my abuse and rapes that I still question myself occassionally, because sigh wouldnt it be easier to overcome if it didnt really happen. I get very angry when i have doubts.
  3. Nazza

Nazza Guest

I agree with that. I think also that i question myself cos guilt crosses my mind cos its happened by so many Boys an men wen i was little but the men carried on till i was 20, but if i got real it went beyond that too an i feel like im just a slut. Im not feeling guilty about when i was little anymore only cos my eldest daughter is 5now an i look at her an think 'how could it of been my fault?!' but yea, i think growin up an bein raped i tried to believe it was just me, and didnt ever call it rape to myself. I guess i blocked it out eventhough i still hurt. ((((hugs))))
  4. Emptysoul

Emptysoul Well-Known Member

A lot of rapes go unreported because of the stigma attatched to it (especialy gay rape) or because people feel too ashamed that friends and family will find out.
    The feelings/nightmares and depression i get are terible but you try and move on and get on with life to lessen the impact it can have on you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.