Isn't lightning not supposed to strike twice in the same place?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by savetoniqht, Nov 18, 2009.

1. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

Why does this happen? To me and to so many people. I can't stand it. Why does the world cause so much pain for some people, while others don't have to deal with shit? This may sound selfish but why did all this shit have to happen in my life, why do I have to go through so many things that so many other people get to solely deal with, or not at all? Just shitty thing after shitty thing, over snd over. When the hell does it end? What else am I going to have to deal with?

I hate asking these questions, and I really, REALLY hate Whining and complaining, but I'm so fed up. I know life isn't fair, I know it's a bitch, but can't it ever just give people a break?
  2. mlxjaded

mlxjaded Well-Known Member

I can relate 100% to you. And that's why the internet is a pretty good place...

Everyone on this forum knows what it's like to have a shitty existence and it is comforting to know you're/I'm not the only one.

I guess the only thing we can do is to be hopeful?
  3. savetoniqht

haha yeah, there wasn't much you could say in response to that. I just really needed to vent. :laugh: But thank you :hug:
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I feel the same way. fffffff why so much on some people while others get off scott free I guess some people have luck of the draw. I guess i should be grateful for what i dohave as others have less then me. I understand where your coming from though take care and hope some good things come your way soon.
  5. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

You know, I've asked that same question over and over and over again. Now I just try to accept that maybe this is how life has been mapped out for me...maybe I'm just not meant to be happy *sigh*
  6. TaraB3ar

TaraB3ar Well-Known Member

One thing this site has shown me is that we ALL have our share of problems. I dont think anyone gets off without anything happening to them. Just because you dont know or see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. If someone met me they could know me for a bit and not have an idea of the things ive been through. I understand thinking 'why me?' but you're not alone. Even if we here haven't been through exactly what you have, we've all experienced pain, sadness, loneliness, etc Keep posting because the people here definitely know how you feel.
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Lightning can strike in the same place many, many times. Lightning rods can be struck hundreds of times per year. I'm not much for metaphor :3
  8. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

im asking myself everyday...and im soooooo angry cos of it:mad:
  9. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

I feel the same way!
  10. cinZamurai

cinZamurai Well-Known Member

This got me to remember the story of benjamin button. There is a guy in that movie that gets hit 7 times by lightning. I was curious about that and googled it and it turned out it had happen for real.

He diddent die from being hit by lightning thu, he committed suicide in the end. Kind of an irony from having survived that many lightning strikes one would think.Youtube: Struck by lightning 7 times from Benjamin Button

I also agree that "everyone" suffers but I cant stretch as far as anything being fair of course. It dosent seem to work that way.
  11. savetoniqht

You're right, I think what I was saying was just venting and I wasn't really thinking, and it came off sounding like that. I didn't mean to make it sound like I don't understand that everyone has problems, because I know everyone does. I was just feeling very annoyed and upset that some people just get hit with awful things over and over. I know life isn't fair and you are definitely right that everyone has problems, thank you for pointing that out so I could clarify what I was thinking.

Again, sorry for the whininess of the original post. I just really needed to vent. :/

12. cinZamurai

cinZamurai Well-Known Member

You dont have to be sorry about that we understand =)
    I do the same thing and sometimes I feel its just better to get it out there.
    Its the holding it in for to long and having "no voice" thats really can bring at least me to all time low┬┤s.

So dont worry about expressing yourself savetoniqht its alright. I hope you feel a little better today and I also hope that life will treat you kinder. =)