Israel to boycott nuclear-free Middle East plan

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Bob26003, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

Holy Crap the hypocrisy is astounding!

I just cannot believe the US voted in favor of it. Maybe the US is finally realizing the liability of allowing Israel to act as a rogue aggressor above international laws and standards.

The Irish Times - Monday, May 31, 2010
    Israel to boycott nuclear-free Middle East plan

MARK WEISS in Jerusalem

ISRAEL HAS condemned as “deeply flawed” and “hypocritical” the weekend resolution adopted by the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) review conference, vowing to boycott efforts to work towards a nuclear-free Middle East.

The NPT’s 189 signatory nations, meeting in New York, proposed new steps towards disarmament and making the Middle East free of atomic weapons, including a UN-backed international conference in 2012.

The resolution singled out Israel, stressing “the importance of Israel’s accession to the treaty and the placement of all its nuclear facilities under comprehensive IAEA safeguards”. The prime minister’s office in Jerusalem condemned the review conference conclusions.

“It ignores the realities of the Middle East and the real threats facing the region and the entire world. Given the distorted nature of this resolution, Israel will not be able to take part in its implementation.”

Under a decades-old policy of “nuclear ambiguity”, Israel has never confirmed or denied possessing atomic weapons, maintaining the country “will not be the first to introduce nuclear weapons in the Middle East”.

According to foreign media reports, the Jewish state is widely believed to possess several hundred nuclear warheads, as well as the means to deliver them. Three years ago, former US president Jimmy Carter claimed Israel had “150 or more” nuclear weapons in its arsenal.

Israeli commentators expressed particular concern that Washington had voted in favour of Friday’s resolution, marking what appeared to be a change in US policy, which has traditionally turned a blind eye to Israel’s nuclear capabilities.

Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu will raise the issue when he meets President Barack Obama at the White House tomorrow. Last month, Mr Netanyahu cancelled his participation at the Washington summit on nuclear security at the last minute, after Jerusalem received information Muslim states, led by Egypt and Turkey, were planning to press for Israel to join the NPT.

The new resolution was seen as a major diplomatic victory for Muslim and Arab states, which have been trying for decades to get Israel to sign the NPT, and for Iran, which is fighting a campaign against international sanctions over its own nuclear programme.

Although Washington voted in favour of the resolution, Mr Obama made it clear he was against highlighting Israel. “We strongly oppose efforts to single out Israel, and will oppose actions that jeopardise Israel’s national security,” he said.

Israel’s deputy foreign minister Danny Ayalon vowed Israel’s co-operation with the US would remain unchanged, and he condemned the resolution as “insignificant”. “Iran has signed the NPT, Iraq has signed it, Syria has signed it, and we see that it hasn’t stopped them from seriously breaking the treaty and from trying to bypass it,” he said.

Europe’s top diplomat praised the resolution: “I warmly welcome the consensus reached by the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty review conference,” said EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton in a statement. “This shows that the multilateral non-proliferation and disarmament regime is alive and supported by all.”

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/world/2010/0531/1224271503566.html

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2010
  2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

No, it's not hypocrisy. It's right in line with what Israel does. The Israeli government does not want to make itself and its people vulnerable to some perceived military attack from victims of its generational terrorism.

3. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Interesting, considering that Israel is the only country in the middle-east that currently has nuclear weapons. Granted, this isn't publicly and diplomatically recognized (and Israel maintains a policy of strategic ambiguity on the matter), but it's widely known to have weapons.

4. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

I like how the US and Britain are all for having their own nuclear missle programmes but totally against other countries having them

5. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

It's such an elitist attitude. And it's that elitist attitude that has the whole world hating the west and Israel. That arrogance is directly responsible for all the world's troubles right now.

6. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

if the wold manages to disarm Israel from Nukes there will be no more Israel

I know that is ok with most of the world but it is not ok with me and most decent people

If Ever Israel ever met its demise at the hand of the Muslims and the other scum of the world who want to see it destroyed, I could care less how many other people they kill

This world has been brutal to the Jewish people and put them in the corner, and now they want to kill them

Israel has a right to exist and the Jews have a right to exist, if the world doesn't think so Israel should make hell on earth for everyone else

7. wastedmylife

8. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

That is absurd.

You think you would not get UN protection.

The need for nuclear missiles is minimal, the need to disarm the middle east is because these countrys are deemed unstable and erratic.

No country is going to attack Israel. Look what happened when Iraq attacked Israel in the gulf war.

9. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Maybe if Israel wasn't so Elitist and pulling crap like the Flotilla MASSACRE all the time they wouldn't be so hated. Ever wonder why Israel is always being attacked? They're responsible for some of the most horrific war crimes of all time.

Jewish people want to be left alone and have a right to exist? Well so does everyone else. If you people didn't meddle in affairs you have no business meddling in you wouldn't be so vilified. How about that?

10. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Israel has the support of practically every super power on Earth. Nuclear weapons are completely unnecessary.

11. wastedmylife

Shogun, you are an idiot

There is no point in talking to you anymore

Are you a Muslim or a Nazi, that is my only question for you

By the way what did you say that made me call you a anti-semite

I Imagine you are, but I am curious what you said

12. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Being called an "idiot" be an absolute retard like you is a compliment actually. Your ignorance is embarrassing...

I can't remember totally what I said. It was nothing major, just that Zionists tell USA what to do and gave a link to the crimes the Rothschild family have committed. I wasn't even talking to you, but you came along and launched a scathing attack because you was all butt hurt that I insulted your people. :)

You made an idiot of yourself needless to say as my follow up post was a link to Ariel Sharon's comments that USA does what we tell them.

EDIT: By the way, I'm not a Muslim or a Nazi. Just a regular guy that recognizes the war crimes the Jews have committed and appalled by them. I'm certainly no fan of Islam either and my grandfather died fighting the Nazis for you people during WWII.

13. wastedmylife

oh the Rotchilds

haha yes they control the world

Awesome

Anyone who says the 'Rothchilds" Control the world is basically an anti semite

By the way, do you criticize other nations when they do something wrong

Do you criticize Saudi Arabia and Iran when they oppress their people and are basically the worst countries for Human Rights

But I get it, it is fun to pick on the Jews, Jews are there for the cowards to pick on and make them feel better about themselves

I finally get anti semitism after all these years

14. wastedmylife

that is nice, my grandfather also took a bullet fighting the Nazis for you as well

15. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Awww, did the ADL tell you to say that? There's a good Goyim. *Pats head* :)

So it was the Rothschild comment that got you so steaming mad that day, huh? Must've struck a nerve...

Of course, but Israel is responsible for all the World's evils. Or certainly the vast majority of them.

Absolutely! Islam is a barbaric, cult of a religion in my honest opinion. But at least they're keeping it within their borders.

You wanna talk about cowards. Jews operate in the most shiftiest ways imaginable. They shit on you from such a great height you don't even see them. They're the type of cowards that'd spit at you and when you go to confront them will roll around on the ground screaming anti-Semite!!

It's not fun to attack Jews. I hate attacking and unnecessary aggression. But I see some of the things Israel does and I cannot let it go. But you'll all have to answer to God one day and that makes me smile. :)

16. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Good. The Nazis had to be defeated.

There's many evils in the world. From all races, creeds, colors and religions.

17. wastedmylife

haha I dont know, but I know people who bring up the "Rothchilds" are usually the Anti-semites, especially the ones who say they control the world

Israel is responsible for all the worlds evils? or the vast majority of them? anything else you say is laughable

haha as long as they keep it in their borders and oppress their own people, nice outlook

haha prove how
    God so you are a jesus Freak?

well there you go, usually the most hardcore anti-semites are the Jesus Freaks

ultimately YOU are responsible for all that is evil in this world

18. wastedmylife

this comment shows how sick and twisted you are

just like the Muslims the Christians have been the most brutal evil people through out time

But Christianity has somewhat progressed, but there are still some scum of the earth here and you are one of them

19. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Not really. That's what the ADL brainwash Goyim into thinking.

Well considering the Rothschild family have funded every war that's been fought in the past few hundred years INCLUDING THE NAZIS AGAINST THE JEWS I'd say they're responsible for the vast majority of the world's evils.

Do you know Mossad's motto? By way of deception, thou shalt do war.

I just love that. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

I didn't say that. I said AT LEAST they keep it in their own borders, unlike Zionists who go out looking to meddle in everyone elses business. I've already admitted the Muslim religion is barbaric and totally anti-peace and normality.

The proof is all around. Anyone that speaks out against Zionism is immediately branded an evil anti-Semite. You can be imprisoned for denying the Holocaust. You yourself have already branded me an anti-Semite simply for acknowledging Zionism exists, that's proof right there. And nearly all Jews are the same.

Who said anything about Jesus?? :confused:

I'm Agnostic. And this is one of the reasons I can understand why you Zionists keep getting away with the war crimes and domestic crimes that you do. Because God leaves us to our own devices, but when we pass on Israelis are going to have to face God for what they've done and it isn't going to be pretty.

I don't believe in religion.

20. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

You're the scum of the Earth you murder supporting bastard.

Christianity and Muslamity has nothing to do with this. It stands to reason that God is anti-murder and anti-violence and your beloved Jews have been doing more than your fair share of this for centuries. And what happens when your murdering army kills innocents? You cheer and celebrate outside the victim's embassy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMzc1N1Cx3s

You wouldn't understand this, but God is love, not hate... and this has nothing to do with religion. But it has everything to do with what's right and what's wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.