Issue with a friend, could use advice.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Mordeci, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

So I ended up being alone for thanksgiving due to money issues and I was a little bumed about it. Someone who goes to my school, a girl, who I thought I was good friends with was also going to be alone for thanksgiving so I figured we could do lunch togerther. Anyway she had a change of plans last minute and a wenesday lunch turned into a saturday lunch, which I didn't mind at all. I text her saturday she says she was busy and would get back to me and of course never gets back to me till like ten pm with a half harted apology. My instinct now is to cut her out of my life, I mean she dosen't have the decency to give me an email or text saying she can't make it, why should I even bother to make the effort with her.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

It is just rude...have you said anything to her? I think her resonse to a conversation about how you felt and how to not let that happen again will determine the degree you will associate with her...sorry things went so poorly for the holidays...J

3. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

It is rude I see her monday, I am not sure how to treat the situation I am not good at confrontations, plus its exam time so everyone is a little on edge, its just I thought I made a friend, and if she cant do or didn't want to do lunch or dinner thats fine, but she actually suggested it for saturday, and can't even take two minuets to say sorry can't make it today. It really hurts. I don't care being alone for thanksgiving, that dosen't matter to me, but being ignored by someone who knows that I am vunerable with people (when we first met I told her I had issues making friends) that upsets me.

4. Caster

Caster Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry to hear that Mordeci:(. Not sure if I can really help, but I can definitely relate to it and how you must feel. This type of thing happened to me all the time in highschool and college:(.

I'm not sure how you want to handle it, but for me it was people I'd run into again. Many were in my classes and I associated with them during the day. After they'd blow me off I just didn't mention anything about it. They seemed uneasy around me at first, but I just let it go with the attitude that they weren't worth it and didn't attempt to hang out with them again if it had happened more than once.

Not sure if it was good or bad that I was so nonconfrontational about it.

As far as whether to cut her out of your life, I'd do what you think will make you feel best.

I hope this at least helps a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.